Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1189

Baffert/ Dortmund

Does Baffert hold Dortmund out of the Preakness to give AP a better chance of winning the race?

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

I don't think so...but it is an interesting thought process.

Dortmund really had no excuses on Saturday, he had the lead with soft fractions and really couldn't hold on to much of anything.

Buckandadime
    Act as if

Yeah. I thought it was his to lose..... He did. I was just thinking, if he could talk the owners into it, pull the horse to help his odds of winning the Triple.. With the shorter race and depending on who enters that didn't run in the derby it will probably be a 2 horse race.. I dunno... Thanks for your input and all of the great info you give here!!

BGboothA

Another note on this, is the owner. Its a completely different owner group that owns Dortmund and AP. Dortmund ran well enough to give hope to his owner group to try the Preakness.

I would say there is a 90% chance that Dortmund runs.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

If Pharoah goes forward in Preakness their isn't a horse alive that will beat him.

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

Dortmund should skip,preakness and freshen up for belmont

Thought he had it turning for home but no kick . Exciting but .disappointing
    sux having the top 5 horses but keyed dortmund vs AP

is there anyplace one can figure what the $1 super would have been with these finishes?
    dortmund
    firing line
    ap
    frosted

And

dortmund
    firing line
    frosted
    danzig moon

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Dortmund is probably the reason American Pharaoh won the Derby. firing line alone on top with no pressure would have crushed. and if Am Phar had to run and fight head to head .. maybe they both die and frosted wins it.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

I was wondering what the $1 would have been if it went Firing Line/AP/Dort

6f was just ok as I have said (1:11) before, though, 1/4 and 1/2 were 23 change and 27 change ... not slow

What was the top fig for AP in that race? 2:03 is slow, and I know Roman's PF was -50, so I'm thinking it wasn't a very fast race generally.

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    I was wondering what the $1 would have been if it went Firing Line/AP/Dort

6f was just ok as I have said (1:11) before, though, 1/4 and 1/2 were 23 change and 27 change ... not slow

What was the top fig for AP in that race? 2:03 is slow, and I know Roman's PF was -50, so I'm thinking it wasn't a very fast race generally.
    2:03 isn't very fast, but Trakus shows us an interesting story.

[ATTACH]Takus Info[/ATTACH]

Other than Frosted, AP ran a monster of a race. Firing line ran 29 feet less than AP, at 8ft lengths that an extra 3.5 lengths...Dortmund really had no excuse as he ran 8+ lengths shorter than the winner.

And yes, Frosted ran a monster of a race considering the start and the soft fractions.
    Attached Images  

DRB
    DRB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

TryTryTry : I think you nailed it. American Pharaoh had the trip of trips stalking Dortmund.
    Sometimes I think it isn't just the time ( but 47 and change is probably a full second slower than derby average )
    but the way the jock had the chance to place the horse in the garden spot is important.
    I cannot remember a Derby where the same 3 horses ran the merry-go -round trip like the other day.
    Firing Line made him dig in and work for it and he answered the call.
    Stacking : Since the trifecta it paid $101 for a dollar at least triple that with Firing Line on top .. maybe more given the size of the field. I would have liked the 10-18-8 combo myself!
    The pick 4 paid over $500 ( I missed the first leg darn it which was a difficult grass race) would have paid at least $2000
    for the same 50 cent combo.
    Chaka : In general, the super is really hard to estimate. But the one you list with dortmund on top and AP 3rd., probably in the Dime ballpark since it paid $634 and we are reversing the 2 chalks. The one with AP off the board completely , maybe 3-4 Dimes for the $1 ? Look at it this way : I would say 99% of the superfecta tickets had AP on them somewhere.

We'll see how things develop and the Preakness field will probably shape up by later this week but unless Baffert sees something problematic with Dortmund he runs both of them. Will anybody come out of the woodwork ??

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

I agree, with Firing Line on top your in the $320-370 range for the tri.

I had Tepin in the first leg of the pick 3, but not on the tickets that had Private Zone, Finnegan's and AP. I had all of these on some of my tickets, the problem was, Tepin was such an outside play in the 1st leg that I had only a few with it in the next legs (I had Bayern and C. Zee only in leg 2 on the Tepin ticket). Leparoux is the new Albarado. He's sucked for a long time, but every once in a while he has a huge day or a huge upset. Incidentally, Albarado and Leparoux rocked it out for me with Promise Me Silver and Power Alert on Friday. Great wins at 5-1 for each.

SG

Buckandadime
    Act as if

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post

We'll see how things develop and the Preakness field will probably shape up by later this week but unless Baffert sees something problematic with Dortmund he runs both of them. Will anybody come out of the woodwork ??
    I envision a short field and odds like Big Brown had when he won the Preakness........ 0.20

DRB
    DRB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

I just got this from DRF website :

2015 Potential Preakness Field

HORSE TRAINER JOCKEY LAST RACE, FINISH
    American Pharoah Bob Baffert Victor Espinoza Ky Derby, 1st
    Bodhisattva Jose Corrales Trevor McCarthy Tesio, 1st
    Carpe Diem Todd Pletcher undecided Ky Derby, 10th
    Competitive Edge Todd Pletcher undecided Pat Day Mile, 1st
    Danzig Moon Mark Casse undecided Ky Derby, 5th
    Divining Rod Arnaud Delacour undecided Lexington, 1st