Three-time Singapore champion jockey Joao Moreira made horse racing history after riding eight winners from eight races in Kranji.

The Brazilian equalled Saimee Jumaat's Singapore record of seven winners earlier on Friday, and then went one better with favourite Faretti.

He rode Silent Power, Hanks, Zac Spirit, Mr Magnus, Alan, Cash Luck and Weowna Flyer before delivering an emotional speech.

'What’s better than a dream come true. I think this is it,' said Moreira after the seventh race. Little did he know he would go on to make horse racing history with the eighth.

'To be honest, I never dreamed of riding seven winners tonight, but when I started to close in on the fifth win, I thought maybe I had a chance as I still had good chances.

'I would like to thank first of all the Singapore Turf Club for having given me the chance to ride here.

'There is no better place than here to ride and I’m so happy I’ve done it (seven winners) here.

'I also thank all the fans and people who have supported me, especially this crowd here, clapping their hands. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I have enjoyed it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rac...nners-row.html