sandyw123
    sandyw123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

Suburban and Hollywood Gold Cup

Alpha's recent races haven't been good, but he's always run well in New York. Plus he just had a great workout. He could be worth a shot. In the Hollywood race, it doesn't look like any of the horses can beat Game On Dude, but I'm thinking Sky Kingdom could finish in the money. He looks to be able to handle the 1 1/4 mile distance. The only question is the all weather track.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

In the Suburban you can make a case for just about all of them except Fast Falcon who seems to need atleast another furlong to be in the picture.That said when Zito wins these races he usually surprises.Last Gunfighter is the steam horse having won his last 6 races against slight worse stock.IMO he can win but at his likely price of 8/5-9/5 I'll take a stand that he is a cut below.I see Alpha and Percussion capable of almost the same effort which is good enough to win.Flat Out is the only horse in the race that wins if he runs his best.I have some concerns about Alpha making his first start since running in Dubai.That trip takes a lot out of a horse and plenty of horses that were better than Alpha needed one or two before getting back to average form.He has had plenty of time though so won't argue with anyone who thinking he is over it.

That leaves Percussion and Flat Out for me.

Hollywood is dead to me.Their racing is a joke with 3-1 being a long shot in their 5 horse fields but you have to be crazy to take 3-1 on some of these horses that should be 30-1 in a regular field of 8-10.

Anyway Game On Dude whistles at 1-5.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Don't know anything bout the Suburban (don't have the form), but as for the Hollywood Gold Cup, Game On Dude will be the single for a lot if people pick 6 & pick 4. For my Pick 4, I'm gonna include Sky Kingdom for sure. This seems like the mystery horse in the field and its also trained by Baffert. In addition, he is getting 11 lbs from Dude and he is out of Empire Maker (which I like).he cracked over 100 Breyer going 1 1/2 which is hard to do. At 8-1 ML, I kike it very much.