Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

What do the Last 6 Winners of the KY Derby Have in Common?

They all had just 2 starts as a 3 year old prior to the Derby. From Street Sense to I'll Have Another. Prefer well rested horses especially when running 10 furlongs for the first time. The following horses have run 2 Preps in 2013- Java's War, My Lute, Normandy Invasion, Overanalyze, and Revolutionary. And Lines of Battle has run 1 race this year. GL.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16233

interesting

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

True however this is the first year of hte point system so will be interesting to see

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

I know the answer....they all finished first.

WOOT!

Seriously, though I think the first year of the point system will be interesting for sure.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

horses dont know 'bout no point system, man

easyrider-thanks for bringing that up...as a standardbred player mostly i could use all the help i can get for the triple crown races.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Java's War is a dead closer who will need a clean trip to make his one run. He tends to get bad starts so it will be interesting to see how he breaks. While MYLute has only run twice this year, he ran 7 times as a 2 year old. Good value on him as he is 33/1 currently at 5 dimes and he only lost by a neck last race to Revolutionary who is 8.5/1. Overanalyze has run 2 slow races this year, but is one of two horses in the field with 3 graded stakes wins. Lines of Battle is tough to get a read on as he has been racing overseas. Never run on dirt and UA Derby winners have not fared well in the KY Derby. Staying away. Playing Revolutionary/Normandy Invasion for the Derby. Revolutionary is one of 4 horses that has a triple digit beyer and Normandy has a 99. Reports are both are training well, and may forward on a wet track. The distance of 10 furlongs suits Revolutionary's pedigree, while not sure about Normandy wanting the distance. While the Withers came up slow, Rev was in a lot of traffic and accelerated in the last part of the race to win. And Normandy closed into a slow pace in the Wood to come in second to Verrazano. Derby is a tough race to handicap, especially if the track comes up wet. Taking a shot on these 2. GL. Also adding MyLute to the mix if he goes off at least 25/1.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 05-03-13 at 06:40 AM. Reason: added MyLute

DMBcardinal
    DMBcardinal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

Good stuff, thanks.

Broncos
    Broncos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

Goldencents.