DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

I entered a handicapping tournament on Saturday 3/16 and need advice

I must make a total of thirty $2 bets (15 win, 15 show) on a single horse in 15 different races. There are 8 mandatory races and 7 optional races of my choice from Aqueduct, Fair Grounds, Gulfstream Park, Oaklawn Park and Santa Anita Park. The required races are:

– Oaklawn Park: Race 3 Claiming (6 Furlongs)
    – Gulfstream Park: Race 6 Claiming (5 Furlongs - Turf)
    – Aqueduct: Race 7 Maiden Special Weight (6 Furlongs)
    – Fair Grounds: Race 6 Colonel Power Stakes (About 5 ½ Furlongs - Turf)
    – Santa Anita Park: Race 4 Maiden Claiming (About 6 ½ Furlongs - Turf)
    – Gulfstream Park: Race 10 Grade 2, Honey Fox Stakes (1 Mile - Turf)
    – Oaklawn Park: Race 10 Grade 2, Rebel Stakes (1 1/16 Miles)
    – Santa Anita Park: Race 8 Grade 2, San Luis Rey S. (1 ½ Miles - Turf)

Please help me out if you can. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

GL. Check Booth's info on this site and maybe some others can give you some picks. If one of these required races is Thoro-graph's race of the week I will report back.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Good luck DDT, I will put in my 0.02 after I run tomorrows numbers later this evening.

Easy-Rider 66

Race of the week is the Rebel Stakes. In their opinion Delhomme at 7/2 morning line is the most likely winner, and Carve at 15/1 morning line may be worth a shot to come in the money at a price.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Race of the week is the Rebel Stakes. In their opinion Delhomme at 7/2 morning line is the most likely winner, and Carve at 15/1 morning line may be worth a shot to come in the money at a price.
    Thank you for the insight....Super ninety nine looks really tough as well

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    Thank you for the insight....Super ninety nine looks really tough as well
    Yeah, but 3rd race in 44 days(Candidate to bounce) and at 3/2 morning line might be an underlay.

BGboothA

Love the #8 DENALI SILVER here in this one. Should wire this 6f race. Has the fastest early speed and has the ability to finish strong. The 2 will press the pace a little at first and may push the 8 wide. But I think the 8 wins this one coming just off the pace.

#8 DAFREAKINHEAT besides a badass name this guy should be able to explode late and take down this field. He should be able to break well and stay out of the mess. Allow a few others to press the pace, but even in this short race, the 8 should come from the middle of the pack and score here.

Aqueuducts Inner Dirt, with 6 first time starters....shit this is a race I would have never played. At this point I like the 10 DO I AMUSE, but at this point, I think this is a race to take a shot on. Maybe the 2 WATERWAY, coming off decent numbers, and a nice 34 day layoff, may have a race here. But man, I don't know.

Love the 2 SUM OF PARTS, its the ML favorite and could go off near even money, but I don't see how he loses.

Another huge field, going down the hill at Santa Anita. This track calls for some strange capping. Will probably have some scratches in this race but I like the 9 JOEANDBETTY.... Should be able to be in position to score.

Alot of horses coming off long layoffs, mean a tough field for me to cap. But I like the 4 CHANNEL LADY, again I think this one comes from just off the pace and the 4 should be in a position to score.

In a contest I don't see how taking Super99 is worth while, may go off at even money or worse. I would rather take a shot with #6 DEN'S LEGACY here.

Long race on the SA turf. This is one that I would want to wait on and see how the turf is holding up for speed. I like the #1 SLIM SHADEY as the lone speed, but if speed isn't holding which is usually doesn't on the turf at SA. Then I may lean toward the 2 INTERACTION.

BGboothA

Good luck DDT, let us know how it goes.

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Center Court looks real good in Honey Fox at GP

Easy-Rider 66

In looking at Trackmaster PPs Delhomme has the best speed figure at 114(10 points better than nearest rival). That was in November so he is well rested but may need one before he fires his best. Carve jumped up 17 points his last race and he is eligible to improve.

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

notice the shovel in jockeys oxbow and the horse court went to ...who looks ok..if you toss out the last in the mud from hell track.......why is smith here ...did court have to take lukas horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    In looking at Trackmaster PPs Delhomme has the best speed figure at 114(10 points better than nearest rival). That was in November so he is well rested but may need one before he fires his best. Carve jumped up 17 points his last race and he is eligible to improve.

harthebar

booth the man the myth the legend....been busy rebuilding my home....got killed in hurricane sandy ...havent been with it the last couple of weeks......are these your picks ...or are the system...........i didnt see a point system here....anyway how have you been......i posted my few plays so far on ther site, where mikemca posted have you won a derby war yet
    Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    Love the #8 DENALI SILVER here in this one. Should wire this 6f race. Has the fastest early speed and has the ability to finish strong. The 2 will press the pace a little at first and may push the 8 wide. But I think the 8 wins this one coming just off the pace.

#8 DAFREAKINHEAT besides a badass name this guy should be able to explode late and take down this field. He should be able to break well and stay out of the mess. Allow a few others to press the pace, but even in this short race, the 8 should come from the middle of the pack and score here.

Aqueuducts Inner Dirt, with 6 first time starters....shit this is a race I would have never played. At this point I like the 10 DO I AMUSE, but at this point, I think this is a race to take a shot on. Maybe the 2 WATERWAY, coming off decent numbers, and a nice 34 day layoff, may have a race here. But man, I don't know.

Love the 2 SUM OF PARTS, its the ML favorite and could go off near even money, but I don't see how he loses.

Another huge field, going down the hill at Santa Anita. This track calls for some strange capping. Will probably have some scratches in this race but I like the 9 JOEANDBETTY.... Should be able to be in position to score.

Alot of horses coming off long layoffs, mean a tough field for me to cap. But I like the 4 CHANNEL LADY, again I think this one comes from just off the pace and the 4 should be in a position to score.

In a contest I don't see how taking Super99 is worth while, may go off at even money or worse. I would rather take a shot with #6 DEN'S LEGACY here.

Long race on the SA turf. This is one that I would want to wait on and see how the turf is holding up for speed. I like the #1 SLIM SHADEY as the lone speed, but if speed isn't holding which is usually doesn't on the turf at SA. Then I may lean toward the 2 INTERACTION.

BGboothA

Hart, I have been doing really well in the h2h at derby wars, winning about 3/4 on a regular basis. Haven't really played many of the large tourneys there yet.

THese are my picks, based on my system. Some are top picks of my system some are picks against my system but horsees I like.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

I think I'm crazy, but I like the 12- Foxy Aunt Ethel in race 4 SA and the 7- Bright Thought in Race 8 SA. ( I only have the Santa Anita form). GL.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge

Thanks BG, easy rider and Mr gin

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    I think I'm crazy, but I like the 12- Foxy Aunt Ethel in race 4 SA
    Not crazy with a better start but not a whole lot of pace.I was between the 12 and 6-Cravin' The Heat(12-1) as long shots.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge

Nice win by 8 at Oaklawn race 3

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    Nice win by 8 at Oaklawn race 3
    YEah he barely hung on! But I got a nice WPS ladder off that one. Nice $34 profit for me. Lets keep this thing going.

Who did you take in the contest?

mrginandtonic

Look at the odds, looks like there is no chance for the 12

mrginandtonic

Good call on the 6, Mike!! You da man!!

$16 to place

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Good call on the 6, Mike!! You da man!!

$16 to place
    Thx had it in both my contests today but sadly that and the short price Magical Weekend are about the only things I got right so far.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whoa,You guys are cool to each other in this forum,never thought it was possible on SBR..............

Nice to see.....

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    notice the shovel in jockeys oxbow and the horse court went to ...who looks ok..if you toss out the last in the mud from hell track.......why is smith here ...did court have to take lukas horse

Great call Hart

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge

I appreciate everyone's help today....I didn't do too bad.

Results:

With my $60 W/P bets....I ended up with $72.60 (6 Wins, 1 Place)

**Highlighted by wins in the 3rd race at Oaklawn and 4th and 8th races at Santa Anita**

1st place today wins $600 and the top 50 out of the 350 players move on to the Championship on August 10th. There will be a total of 150 players in the Championship tournament, with the top six finishers representing Lone Star Park at the National Handicapping Championship in Vegas. I was very surprised how organized LSP was with this tournament and it was a lot of fun!

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Whoa,You guys are cool to each other in this forum,never thought it was possible on SBR..............

Nice to see.....
    Lets not spread the word...lol. This subforum is great. Some great guys here that really seem to look at this as a team sport. Much different than some of the other places around SBR. Lets not start telling people, we might get infected with some of those other guys.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge

Lets not spread the word...lol. This subforum is great. Some great guys here that really seem to look at this as a team sport. Much different than some of the other places around SBR. Lets not start telling people, we might get infected with some of those other guys.
    Horse Racing and NASCAR have the two best sections in SBR...let's not turn it into the "Boys Club" that Players Talk has become.

harthebar

thanks mikemca....
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Great call Hart

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge

I finished 38th!! Championship here I come!! Thanks for the help guys

BGboothA

Nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol,I understand 100%