Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exchange betting - come join the fun

E-horseX offers nice betting opportunities in exchange format. The exchange has a SBR rating of B. Liquidity is nowhere near that of the big sports, but the number of races make up for it. I would guestimate that most races have about 5-10K in action. You can bet against a horse, which is very useful. Say you have two contenders in a field of 8. You can then bet on either two and/or against the other six.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

were is exchange wagering offered in the USA

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

ehorsex.com - offshore. B rating. Liquidity not as good today. Better in weekends I suppose.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

only offshore now, however think it is going to pass in California

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

Do you have any idea Dark Horse why the liquidity varies so much between races? For example today, Aqueduct had awesome volume of about 4k and then the next race for Philly had very poor liqudity and volume of a couple hundred.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Probably traders focusing more on certain tracks than others. The Aqueduct action drew me in, but I spoke too soon about the overall liquidity. For the bigger races it's still a nice out, though. Some pretty nice value on the board, that you can lock in.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Liquidity not much. But exchange betting is coming to California. Good practice.

Two major advantages:
    1) odds are fixed and you can usually get something much better than on the tote board.
    2) you see right away what your profit on the race will be, if one of your horses wins. If you bet on horse 1 you see it, and when you add a bet on horse 2, the numbers adjust. There is no uncertainty there depending on the closing lines. So if you like four horses, and you know that four other horses have no shot, you can quite easily lock in a profit.

Anyway. It's a different ballgame. I enjoy it. But no exotics, etc.

sdtrader
    Update your status

I found out today that betmaker is done and my funds are being transfered to bookmaker. I really enjoyed betting horses on betmaker, this is very bad news! Is there any other sites where a person can bet on horses on a exchange right now?

jason1968
    jason1968's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 984

Is this right , Ehorse X is finished , terrible news ???

sdtrader
    Update your status

This is terrible news for horse players, I'm not sure if I can continue to be profitable betting horses without an exchange.