wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Want to kill myself for yesterdays card at belmont

So went to the track here and bet the late pick 4 for 50 cents

So this was the ticket I put in

7th race--1,4,6
    8th race--all but 4 and 11
    9th race--1,2,4
    10th race--1,2,5,7

So my ticket cost me 162 dollars on 50 cents. I have a feeling this thing could pay well

So the first leg couldnt of been ny better getting the 4 home at 9-1
    the 10 race i also got the 5 home at 15-1
    The penetrating 8th leg where i leave out 2 horses the 11 comes home at 47-1... Unfreaking belivable.

The 50 cent pick 4 paid 22,401
    So if i would of just went all in that leg my ticket would of cost 198.00 so i saved 36 dollars and it cost me 22 k..
    I thought that there was no way the 11 had any chance in this race.. This is the second big score in a couple years at belmont that i got cheap and it cost me.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Bad deal. I know in hindsight you should have put that horse on your ticket, but what the fuk can you do. That's one of the main things that sucks about betting the horses. So many decisions to make.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

when you do something such as you did it really hurts (i get a few "stingers" myself) But at some point i developed a thick skin for certain picks and just say to myself, "if the so & so "comes in" (your 4 and 11 in your case- also refered to as "auto tosses") i can live with that". actually i even say it out loud to reassure myself that im confident in my decision. probably helps me shrug them off/get to sleep that night....there was this superfecta once at monticello where i had keyed all these crazy numbers in order to clear up some loose change on the end of my acct $1.80 it was...."all of them were ship ins-the only 4 ship-ins in the race"....(said in 3 stooges to the tune of "niagara falls, slowly i turned.."
    Of course i didnt have the correct order. had i spent the extra $.60 i would have been treated to my share of the 30K payout. (obviously a prorated payout-we are talking about Monticello here) but if i had a winning ticket too we both wouldve split the pool so i actually wouldve won ~$750)
    which brings up another point: had you hit it the payout wouldve been slightly less. not much consolation but hey, im trying ..how much was in the pool total?