MattRegaw
    MattRegaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going with my heart

It may not have the best odds but it’s the sentimental pick and I can’t keep my eyes off it. Today jockey Calvin Borel, has the chance to do something that no other jockey has ever done. Win the Triple Crown on multiple horses. That is an amazing feat in itself and just one reason why I will be watching this afternoon. Borel will have more obstacles than history this afternoon when he mounts Mine That Bird and prepares for the Belmont Stakes. There has been wet weather over BelmontPark the last couple of days and that will have an affect on the track conditions. The owner of Mind that bird is confident it won’t matter this afternoon.
    Wet or dry, Chip Woolley, trainer of Kentucky Derby winner and Belmont favorite Mine That Bird, remains confident in his gelding's chances to win the last leg of the Triple Crown.

"He seems to really get over the racetrack good, so that gave me a lot of confidence," Woolley said Friday morning. "We're ready; it's just a matter if we're ready enough."

That’s all I need to hear. I am not a race guy or a horse guy but I will put a few bucks on Mine That Bird and Calvin Borel this afternoon and look for history to be made at BelmontPark!

~Matt

KingRevolver
    KingRevolver's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chocolate Candy is winning. The Belmont is a different race...MTB doesn't stand a chance, he won't even show!

MattRegaw
    MattRegaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Chocolate Candy as well...I am just throwing a few bucks on it for the entertainment. Good Luck to you!

~Matt

KingRevolver
    KingRevolver's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MattRegaw View Post
    I like Chocolate Candy as well...I am just throwing a few bucks on it for the entertainment. Good Luck to you!

~Matt
    Same to you