singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bollocks ! Frankel has 1 more race and its Ascot over 10f - boooo !

Bollocks ! Frankel has 1 more race and its Ascot over 10f - boooo !

Should have been the Arc and premiere horse wins the World's Premier historical race !

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I agree, and its not that I don't think Frankel would have won the Arc.Its become commonplace nowadays to take the path of least resistance with an undefeated horse in order to preserve the legend.A win against Ofrevre,Nathaniel, and Danedream would do tons more for the legend rather than beating the same horses you already beat 10 times.I know Nathanial is also considered for Ascot but the Arc was the spot to end this storied career where he might have been a whooping even money instead of 1-50.

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

Frankel will probably get the highest timeform rating ever and that is the part that makes all this even more sh##tier.

singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

The sad thing is Frankel will go down in the annals of history - not as Frankel - The Champion over all classic distances and he beat all-comers from 1mile to 12furlongs in the best Group 1 races in Europe,

It will be Frankel - The Champion wrapped up in cotton wool and the public never knew how great he was !

Sadly, rumour has it that trainer Henry Cecil is not a well man and would not have been able to make it to
    Longchamp, Paris - hence, the domestic race as his final race !

What a shame - frankel would have won The Arc from the front, from the back or just sweeping wide on the outside.

If Frankel had won The Arc - no dispute - he would have been "The undisputed Champion Horse of all time".

Now, he will be "Frankel - The Undisputed World Champion ? discuss !"

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

So very well stated. Frankel is a amazing and it is disgusting to see such sad ending to so much potential..

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd love to see Frankel and Black Caviar in the Breeder's Cup. Horses come in from overseas for that event, so why not those two? We had a horse in the US that won a record 21 or 22 races in a row last year, but most were carefully planned to avoid serious opposition. As it turns out, in spite of all the hype, I already forgot the name of the horse.