nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saturday Saratoga Stakes

Two stakes races at The Spa tomorrow with some great older horses.

Forego: I like Shackleford. Did awful in his last one but he looked uncomfortable the whole time and 6F is just not for him a bad fit. In this 7F, it still needs some speed but I think he will be able to handle Jackson Bend or Emcee. I'd be on Caixa Electronica in this one for the exacta but he doesn't run 7F very good.

Woodward: I've never been the biggest fan of Mucho Macho Man so I'm gonna avoid the fave and go with some value in a quality horse with Stay Thirsty. Hasn't looked too good as of late but I'm looking for the rebound, especially if he gets up to the 8-1 range. Trickmeister or To Honor and Serve for an exacta.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Yeah Shakleford looked bad his last start. Think he finished last, but that race was also on a muddy track. Stay Thirsty may be a horse for the course as he won the Jim Dandy and Travers at the Spa last year. GL on your picks.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Didn't look at Forego Stake, but did get a chance to look the Woodward briefly(free PP from DRF). I,too, was never a fan of Mucho Macho Man, so I will try to beat him as well, but with #7- Cease. I think this race is set up perfectly for him, lots of speed, I think Rosario will be roaring in the stretch. Stall is having a very good meet, and Jockey/Trainer combo stat is very respectable. So, at 10-1 ML, why not?!

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

GL Guys

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Didn't look at Forego Stake, but did get a chance to look the Woodward briefly(free PP from DRF). I,too, was never a fan of Mucho Macho Man, so I will try to beat him as well, but with #7- Cease. I think this race is set up perfectly for him, lots of speed, I think Rosario will be roaring in the stretch. Stall is having a very good meet, and Jockey/Trainer combo stat is very respectable. So, at 10-1 ML, why not?!
    Shackleford is out of the race anyway so Im passing on Forego now. Good looking at someone other than MMM depending on pace you could be on to something. Good luck to you.