GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Whos been to the derby

Last year i signed up to request derby tickets, anyway today i got an email saying i could participate in the presale at a 20% premium price. Anyone with any experience buying tickets from churchill that could tell me what i should expect to pay for an actual seat in the grandstands? Everywhere i look online says scalper prices, nothing about actual prices. Also would the 20% premium price mean im getting them at a discount or im paying more ? Thanks for the help!

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Can't answer directly but if you do go be very careful at the windows. many SHARP tellers, one of which I knew, will go there just for the 2/3 days. Guys are absolute magicians at shortchanging people. He made ungodly money.

GOIRISH

He wasnt giving people correct payouts ? or was it something else?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Several times, but always infield...

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

I had grandstand seats . . . six or eight years ago. We were low, just past the finish line. That sounds great, but as the horses come out of the far turn, into the stretch, we're trying to look over the heads of 50,000 people seated between us and that point of the racetrack. We got a great discount on the seats, but I certainly wouldn't pay for that location with my own money and I sure wouldn't pay a premium. I guess my answer is, it would help to know where the seats are and how obstructed the view might be at any point during a race. My experience wasn't terrible, just not as good as I would have expected.

GOIRISH

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    I had grandstand seats . . . six or eight years ago. We were low, just past the finish line. That sounds great, but as the horses come out of the far turn, into the stretch, we're trying to look over the heads of 50,000 people seated between us and that point of the racetrack. We got a great discount on the seats, but I certainly wouldn't pay for that location with my own money and I sure wouldn't pay a premium. I guess my answer is, it would help to know where the seats are and how obstructed the view might be at any point during a race. My experience wasn't terrible, just not as good as I would have expected.
    i have no idea, where the seats are email just said pre ordering grand stand seats. Just looking for an idea on what i should expect to pay going through churchill

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

It's probably a bit of a crap shoot; you might end up in any number of places. If I recall correctly, the face value of our tickets were $200 each.

singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Being English - I have been to THE DERBY - no imitations - just the original - many times.

Also, Indian Derby twice in Bombay, India - 12 race card - cheap beer - I can just remember the races
    through my beer goggles ! LOL !