BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

SHOWVIVOR! Portland Meadows starts 7/29

http://www.portlandmeadows.com/news-...ions/showvivor

How the Contest Works:

Each morning, you will choose one horse from ONE RACE on that day to finish first, second or third. After the races, the results will be calculated. If your selection finished first, second or third, you may continue the next race day. Otherwise, you're out of the contest. The top handicapper who lasts the longest will win $5,000 to $25,000 in prize money!Ultimate ShowVivor Online Contest begins July 29th, 2012
    Deadline for making daily selections is 10 minutes before the first race of each race day.

Rules:

1. Only one (1) contest login per person. You may not register more than one time.
    2. Registrants must be enrolled by 12:45 PM (Pacific) on July 29th, 2012.
    3. All picks must be placed, and cannot be changed, before 10 minutes before the first race of each race day. If you don't select a horse for that day, you are disqualified.
    4. If a horse you chose scratches before the race, that horse will be replaced automatically with the post-time favorite.
    5. The single contest user left is the winner of the grand prize!

-----------------
    Most importantly its free to play and its a load of fun...I have never done well in these showvivor things as I always get screwed with a scratch and a post time favorite.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

signed up

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Signed up.
    If I win, I chip you off a piece BG

BGboothA

One more day to sign up...starts on Sunday!!! Its a free contest!

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

i,m in once again.this time i hope to remember to post my daily pick to avoid the boot.i am also a countless victim of getting stuck with the
    fave due to my scratched pick.sucks!
    good luck everyone.

BGboothA

Portland Meadows (Showvivor)
    http://bit.ly/OnCtVJ

Race by Race breakdown for my Showvivor picks....

Skipping races 1 and 2 = I don't do Quarters!!

Race 3 (#1 COLOR ME TUFF)
    5 horse 6.0f sprint! Sounds good so far, but its really an open race. It could be a really fast pace ad the wier should come from the back. If I had to pick someone here it would be the 1. Late kick should give it a quality shot to win and should be able to show even if the race doesn't go his way. Confidence level 4/10

Race 4 (#6 GIRL's GOT GAME)
    6 horse 5.5f sprint! Another nice race for Showvivor. The six should be just off the pace and it should be a quick one, the 6 should win this coming down the stretch. Pick here would be the 6, confidence level...7/10

Race 5 (#7 MINT CITY)
    7 horse 5f sprint! Even shorter! The 7 should get out to a nice lead and easily hold on to win, showing here should not even be in question. My only concern here is the gate, starting from teh far outside on a 5f race, makes for a tougher route than wanted, but we only need him to show. Confidence level 9/10

Race 6 (#1 STORMELLO FELLO)
    Another super short sprint, 6 horse 5.0f. The 2 or the 1 should win, really depends on the pace and how they end up on the rail. If the 1 gets off the front, he will hold to show, but the 2 has the late pace to make a move if he is position. The problem is that its only a 5f race, so late pace becomes less and less important. Looking to show....I like the 1. Confidence level 6/10.

Race 7 (#3 COURT MISCHIEF)
    Six horse six furlong race...Again alot of early pace here, the 1 and the 2 should lock into a nice duel up front, odds on one of them holds on the place, but my money is on the 3, should have a nice position and should be able to make up some serious ground down the stretch. Confidence Level 6/10.

Race 8 (#6 SWEET PLEASURE)
    Another nice short field, six horses over 6f. The 6 should lead the field and not have a lot of pressure. Over the short distance the 6 should be able to hold on and show with ease. Would like a different Jockey on the 6 though, not a lot of confidence in her. But she shouldn't be able to mess this one up to bad, get the lead and hold on. Confidence level 7/10

My Pick for tommorrow
    Race 5, #7 MINT CITY

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    Portland Meadows (Showvivor)
    http://bit.ly/OnCtVJ

Race by Race breakdown for my Showvivor picks....

Skipping races 1 and 2 = I don't do Quarters!!

Race 3 (#1 COLOR ME TUFF)
    5 horse 6.0f sprint! Sounds good so far, but its really an open race. It could be a really fast pace ad the wier should come from the back. If I had to pick someone here it would be the 1. Late kick should give it a quality shot to win and should be able to show even if the race doesn't go his way. Confidence level 4/10 WINNER!!!! 5.20/2.60

Race 4 (#6 GIRL's GOT GAME)
    6 horse 5.5f sprint! Another nice race for Showvivor. The six should be just off the pace and it should be a quick one, the 6 should win this coming down the stretch. Pick here would be the 6, confidence level...7/10 SHOW!!!2.80

Race 5 (#7 MINT CITY)
    7 horse 5f sprint! Even shorter! The 7 should get out to a nice lead and easily hold on to win, showing here should not even be in question. My only concern here is the gate, starting from teh far outside on a 5f race, makes for a tougher route than wanted, but we only need him to show. Confidence level 9/10. PLACE!!! 2.10/2.10

Race 6 (#1 STORMELLO FELLO)
    Another super short sprint, 6 horse 5.0f. The 2 or the 1 should win, really depends on the pace and how they end up on the rail. If the 1 gets off the front, he will hold to show, but the 2 has the late pace to make a move if he is position. The problem is that its only a 5f race, so late pace becomes less and less important. Looking to show....I like the 1. Confidence level 6/10. SHOW!!! 2.60

Race 7 (#3 COURT MISCHIEF)
    Six horse six furlong race...Again alot of early pace here, the 1 and the 2 should lock into a nice duel up front, odds on one of them holds on the place, but my money is on the 3, should have a nice position and should be able to make up some serious ground down the stretch. Confidence Level 6/10. Ran 4th

Race 8 (#6 SWEET PLEASURE)
    Another nice short field, six horses over 6f. The 6 should lead the field and not have a lot of pressure. Over the short distance the 6 should be able to hold on and show with ease. Would like a different Jockey on the 6 though, not a lot of confidence in her. But she shouldn't be able to mess this one up to bad, get the lead and hold on. Confidence level 7/10 WINNER!! 4.20/2.40/2.60

My Pick for tommorrow
    Race 5, #7 MINT CITY Still alive with a Place!!!

Still alive... how did everyone else fair? Not a great deal of upsets, I am guessing most are still alive.

brucedenton
    brucedenton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22950

Still alive... how did everyone else fair? Not a great deal of upsets, I am guessing most are still alive.
    Hey BG. My horse came in third but there were no show payoffs. Am I still in?
    Do they add up win place show ? Thanks.

BGboothA

Your still in

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

I forgot about it and did not make a pick

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    Boo

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Damn I missed it

BGboothA

3 Picks for Wednesday SHOWvivor...

Race 1 #5 SYDNEY ON MY MIND
    A nice race for this competition, 5 horse field with really only 3 legit horses in the field. The 5 failed as the favorite with a horrible trip last time out and still showed in third place.

Race 3 #1 SUESAWME
    This is the safest bet I can find. A short 5 furlong race with only 5 horses in the field. This horse is by far my best bet of the day. Second Start of layoff, has the rail in a short sprint with a much slower horse in the 2 spot mean he should break clean. I think the horse can be beat for the win, but there is no way this horse doesn't show.

Race 4 #1 WARNER
    Almost the same criteria as the horse in race 3. Another great horse, only has one race under his belt, but it was a good one, finishing 2nd at the same distance against a similar field. My only concern here is the lack of history on this horse.

Arletta
    Arletta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    Damn I missed it
    Me too...

Arletta
    Arletta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    Too many contests as it is is my problem.

Plus didn't want to play in one with the word "Ultimate" in it anyhow .. barf.

BGboothA

3 Picks for Wednesday SHOWvivor...

Race 1 #5 SYDNEY ON MY MIND SHOW!!! Probably the worst break I have seen, but easily finished third.
    A nice race for this competition, 5 horse field with really only 3 legit horses in the field. The 5 failed as the favorite with a horrible trip last time out and still showed in third place.

Race 3 #1 SUESAWME PLACE!!! Easy place, by 10+ lengths or so.
    This is the safest bet I can find. A short 5 furlong race with only 5 horses in the field. This horse is by far my best bet of the day. Second Start of layoff, has the rail in a short sprint with a much slower horse in the 2 spot mean he should break clean. I think the horse can be beat for the win, but there is no way this horse doesn't show.

Race 4 #1 WARNER WINNER!!! WINNER!!! Easy winner pulling away.
    Almost the same criteria as the horse in race 3. Another great horse, only has one race under his belt, but it was a good one, finishing 2nd at the same distance against a similar field. My only concern here is the lack of history on this horse.
    Easily stayed alive again, two places so far though.

BGboothA

Apparently PORTLAND MEADOWS messed up the closing of racing on WEDNESDAY so they didn't count Wednesday's results...so I guess everyone is still alive for tomorrow.

Here are the HBD sheets for Portland tomorrow.
    http://bit.ly/OM8qWl

I will have my race picks up later tonight.

BGboothA

SHOWVIVOR PICKS FOR FRIDAY 08/02
    Finally some decent sized fields here in the contest, maybe we can actually start getting rid of some people.

Race 3 #3 PADDY'S POT'O GOLD
    Thsi horse should jump out to the lead and have the ability to hold on to a show, this is a three way horse for the win between the 3, 4 and the 1. But I think the 3 has the best ability to promise a showing at the worst case scenerio.

Race 4 #2 A.J.'S LIL AMIGO (longshot?)
    A mile long race without a great deal of pace. All 6 horses here are rated as closers without a great deal of opening speed, the 2 shoudl have the ability to gain the lead without much worry and hold on without a great deal of pace. While the 6 has a huge advantage in our Late Pace Lengths, I am not so sure they will get to use them.

Race 5 #1 NAIL POLISH
    Should win this race easily, short 5 furlong race against a field without much early speed. The 1 should be able to take the lead and wire this field without much of an issue. At the very least a Show should be a walk in the park.

Race 6 #2 BASIN GOLD
    Another short race that a horse should be able to go wire to wire. The 2 here is the class of this race, my only real concern is the 5 has a huge trainer angle and has ran well coming into the race. Look for this to be a two horse battle, but I think the 2 still holds on to win.

Race 7 #6 STREET JIVE
    Final a race with some pace, a short 5.5f race, with quite a bit of early pace, the 2 should be just off the leaders and clearly has an advantage coming home.

Race 8 #1 SMART AS JIM
    Simply the fastest horse in the race from start to finish. Decent trainer angle and will fight for the lead. Should show without much issue.

MY PICK RACE 5 #1 NAIL POLISH