Nice job Mike! I get you next weekend!!

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    Nice job Mike! I get you next weekend!!
    thx

If we are gonna have one tomorrow I suggest Indiana Downs.Starts around dinner time.

I do like 5-Look At Me Dance(8-1) in the 5th and 1-Magnifi Cat (20-1) in the 9th at Parx.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    thx

If we are gonna have one tomorrow I suggest Indiana Downs.Starts around dinner time.

I do like 5-Look At Me Dance(8-1) in the 5th and 1-Magnifi Cat (20-1) in the 9th at Parx.

Thought Indiana closed due to surface problems

mikemca
    Update Status

Supposed to start back up Monday

There was no call to post at Indiana Downs on Friday night. There won't be one tonight, either. But live racing will return Monday.The Indiana Horse Racing Commission canceled thoroughbred racing cards at the Shelbyville track following complaints from some horsemen about the safety of the racing surface.
    After an investigation Friday, the commission announced late in the day that racing would resume Monday.
    It chided the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association for characterizing the racing surface as dangerous, calling the charge "uncorroborated and unfounded."
    "Not one individual indicated they believe the track to be dangerous or unsafe -- including several HBPA members that signed the petition," the commission said in a statement signed by executive director Joe Gorajec. "The HBPA itself acknowledges that its characterization of the Indiana Downs racetrack as 'dangerous to the health and well-being of equine athletes' is untrue."
    Indiana Downs general manager Jon Schuster said he received a petition Monday signed by 49 horsemen complaining that the track was too hard. He said track officials were addressing the situation.
    But Schuster said an accompanying note on HBPA letterhead described the track as dangerous, and that likely convinced the commission to cancel the two racing days.
    Of the commission's decision to resume racing, Schuster said, "I'm very pleased. I knew the track was safe. I knew there were no issues.
    "But I am saddened for our fans and I'm saddened for horsemen, most of (whom) were trying to do the right thing."
    Michael Brown, executive director of the Indiana HBPA, declined to comment on the ruling. But he said earlier Friday that trainers and owners are concerned about soreness in the horses, which keeps them from running and also can lead to more serious injuries.
    At no time did the HBPA request Indiana Downs be closed, he said.
    "Our chief concern . . . is to make sure that our horses run on the best possible surface," Brown said in a statement. "Our members do not want the track shut down. We want the track improved."
    Indiana Downs opened in 2002 and has faced questions about its track surface before.
    In 2010, it canceled nearly 11 percent of its thoroughbred cards due to unsafe track conditions. It also had to shut down the track for extensive repairs for two days during the ensuing harness meet.
    Thoroughbred racing has faced increased scrutiny in recent months on the issue of horse fatalities, but Schuster said this year's meet is shaping up to be the safest in Indiana Downs history. Two horses were euthanized due to injury during the meet's first 42 days, he said.
    Horses will be allowed to return to the track today for training. No racing was scheduled for Sunday.

TonyP
    Update your status

Thanks Mike

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Yeah I don't have time to run 'em during the week. I usually play Sat Sun only.

mikemca
    Update Status

thx

BTW this won

1-Magnifi Cat (20-1) in the 9th at Parx and paid $35.80--$14.00--$10.40

look at me dance finished 4th

TonyP
    Update your status

BTW this won

1-Magnifi Cat (20-1) in the 9th at Parx and paid $35.80--$14.00--$10.40

look at me dance finished 4th

forgot all about this or would have looked and put something on it.

First 12