Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I'm New To Horse Racing, Help Me Out!

Hello all, I've never bet on horses until about 5 minutes ago. I'm an NBA and MLB better, but I'd like to just bet a small amount for fun. I use BetJamaica and just put a bet on a couple horses to win in the Belmont. The only thing I'm confused about is when I go to my open bets, it says that I've risked 2 USD to win 0 on Stay Thirsty. If Stay Thirsty is given 20/1 odds, shouldn't it be Risk 2 to Win 40? Am I seeing something wrong, or what is going on. Thanks.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Hello all, I've never bet on horses until about 5 minutes ago. I'm an NBA and MLB better, but I'd like to just bet a small amount for fun. I use BetJamaica and just put a bet on a couple horses to win in the Belmont. The only thing I'm confused about is when I go to my open bets, it says that I've risked 2 USD to win 0 on Stay Thirsty. If Stay Thirsty is given 20/1 odds, shouldn't it be Risk 2 to Win 40? Am I seeing something wrong, or what is going on. Thanks.

It was probably because the odds are unknown until after the betting closes. You do not lock in to horse odds like in a game. The track odds are not known for sure until all the pool money is in.That happens during the race usually.