wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

yesterdays first race with the 1 and 1a at belmont was weird

there was a coupled entry 1 and 1a. I was showing on equibase the 1 had been scratched. I loved the 1A and went to bet it at the window at 12.00 as soon as betting opened. The 1 on the screen was showing as scratched. I tried to place a pick 3 and it said it was scratched. I tried for 5 minutes to get a answer from the lady and she said no there is only 1 and it is scratched. So anyways i changed my pick to the 8 and left. I get home at 115 and see the 1a won the race. Cost me 257.00 pick 3. I dont understand what happen. When i looked at the Belmont screen it showed only 1 one and it was scratched. Very weird havent seen that before.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

Where were you betting at?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    there was a coupled entry 1 and 1a. I was showing on equibase the 1 had been scratched. I loved the 1A and went to bet it at the window at 12.00 as soon as betting opened. The 1 on the screen was showing as scratched. I tried to place a pick 3 and it said it was scratched. I tried for 5 minutes to get a answer from the lady and she said no there is only 1 and it is scratched. So anyways i changed my pick to the 8 and left. I get home at 115 and see the 1a won the race. Cost me 257.00 pick 3. I dont understand what happen. When i looked at the Belmont screen it showed only 1 one and it was scratched. Very weird havent seen that before.
    Was the "it " saying the horse was scratched, the machine?
    The lady obviously knew nothing.
    If it did not have an "all" payout for the 1A within the pick 3, then at some point after 12:00 when you left, someone realized the mistake and fixed it so the machine would accept 1A as part of the bet.
    I have seen this type of thing before. It is human error.
    This won't help for this one but if you ever run in to this sort of problem again, you need to go to the customer information booth or ask the teller to speak with a floor manager and explain what you think is wrong. They will gladly assist you and believe me, this stuff happens. Remember that some of the people working there have no idea when it comes to betting or even entries. Too them , it is just a job.
    I saw a race once where the 4 was scratched but the board was showing the 3 as scratched. It was the last race on a weekday . Not many people at Laurel in the winter. They come out of the paddock and the 3 is in the post parade and the 4 is scratched. I called the stewards and the problem was fixed with about 6 minutes to post. The 3 was supposed to be about 3-1 or 7-2. Obviously opened at 99-1 with 5- 6 minutes left. Went down to 7-1 or 8-1 by post time. I can not remember. I went and bet a few bucks on it for the overlay. It finished second, but I boxed the exacta with the 3 and two other horses. Hit the exacta which paid about 3-4 times more than it should have.
    If you feel you are right, as you were in this case, always see it through.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah thats what i figure happened. I should of waited around but oh well.
    i was at palm beach kennel club