foryourhandicap
    foryourhandicap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1381

Late pick 4 at Hollywood Park today

Just had to post this... nailed the late pick 4 at Hollywood Park today for $2600. Last two races I hit 25-1 shot and then 20-1 shot, and in the first leg I just got beat at the wire where I had a 20-1 just caught by the favorite. If the longshot had held on payouts would have been astronomical. Caught all these prices without going very deep as well. Sorry for positing this, but I am just too happy right now not to. My pick 4 was published on my blog:

http://foryourhandicapping.blogspot.com/

AbeFroman
    AbeFroman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

Congrats FYH, that's awesome!

Matt Caruthurs on TVG had the four in his pick four as well, man was that a tough beat for you guys who just missed that one!

Did anyone hit the Pick 6 carryover?

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

R u the one who hit the pick6, I think there was only one winning ticket. Great job!!

foryourhandicap

Thanks! And haha, no pick 6 on my end. I didn't really handicap the first two legs of the pick 6, but I did really like Brown is Beige last time out and the 10 did look strong in the 5th. Not out of the question I could have had it, but the cost of the ticket would have been way too much for me.

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

very nice job... not just on hitting the p4 but especially with the 2 longshots.

Mike_79
    Mike_79's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excellent job

foryourhandicap

Thanks! It was just a handicappers dream. I found a bunch of longshots that weren't just a little live where I would have to make excuses to justify them, but were extremely live. Still have a hard time believe the winner of the 8th went off at that price considering its previous race it won against very strong competition.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

It is sure good to hear someone wins. I do well at Hollywood Park so if I would have stayed on Friday I would have won but I had to leave at 10pm that night.

robdel
    robdel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4374

Congrats on hitting those 2 late races with some nice prices!!!

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

foryourhandicap WTG to bad you didn't bet the exacta with them longshots....work gets in the way during the week I mostly bet on weekends...follow you later...winner

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Good hit, but even with the fav and those other two bombs, I can't believe it didn't pay more. What did the chalk winner go off at, 1-5?

foryourhandicap

I think the favorite in the 1st leg went off just under 2-1. So by the longest shot not holding on, I lost out on 10k+ easily. But the winner was much the best, the only reason the other horse had a chance was because of the speed bias.

Then the 2nd leg was my single on the 5-2 favorite. Next two races were huge prices, but they were overlays, imo. Considering the two most likely singles in the sequence won, the payouts seemed fair enough.

chitowncraig
    chitowncraig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4088

Do you ever post your other bets besides the pick 4 on your site or here?

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Good hit, but even with the fav and those other two bombs, I can't believe it didn't pay more. What did the chalk winner go off at, 1-5?
    payoff sounds fair was 2600 for 50cent, had that 20/1 held on in first leg no telling how much was over 5 hundredk in the pool