Cam
    Cam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yonkers Raceway Picks - Friday, May 13

Any harness racing fans? If so, let's have some fun and share our picks. Here are mine;

Race 1: (2) RC RAIDER didn’t have its best in the last race and a rebound is setting up nicely here. BASIL HANOVER should be lurking all the way.
    Trifecta: 2-4-1

Race 2: (4) ARMBRO BARRISTER with Gregory in the bike can outlast these with a good trip. JAM AND JELLY with Brennan has run well as of late and could wire this one.
    Trifecta: 4-6-3

Race 3: (1) JERSEY DAN draws post one and should have a better trip this time around. DURANGO KID N is performing well and will need to repeat last times performance to get up at the wire.
    Trifecta: 1-6-5

Race 4: (6) DAN CHAZ with Manzi who missed on all his rides last night should have a chance here with this pacer. DAYLON BEWARE is the class here, but will be over betted.
    Trifecta: 6-2-5

Race 5: (6) CASSIS winner last time out and you have to stay with this horse here. PEMBROKE PRAYER disappointed in its last could get it done with some reserve at the end.
    Trifecta: 6-2-1

Race 6: (4) SOLD OUT with Lachance has run well and should cross the wire ahead of these. UP FRONT CRUISER must be considered here with driver and winning its last two.
    Trifecta: 4-7-1

Race 7: (2) CANNAE CAMMIE winner in her last two with Bartlett in the bike look good here. SHANGHAI LIL should stalk throughout and could make a late move to overcome this field.
    Trifecta: 2-4-7

Race 8: (6) MARIE’S Z TAM missed in her last and I am sticking with here. QUICKSILVERCANDY A winner in her last could repeat here if she gets a good trip from Goodell.
    Trifecta: 6-3-1

Race 9: (6) GRAIN OF TRUTH just missed in its last two and is overdue. WHATA HUSTLER must be considered here as this horse has been running well as of late and Bartlett at the helm sweetens the pot.
    Trifecta: 6-2-4

Race 10: (4) HURRIKANEBIGGEORGE looks to rebound here and has the class rating to best these. AND HEEZ PERFECT will need to be just that to challenge. My long shot here is BENNS SURE THING with Manzi aboard.
    Trifecta: 4-5-3

Race 11: (3) RAMONA DISOMMA is my pick of the night and a horse that should beat these. EASY FEELIN missed in its last and draws post 1 which could make for an easier trip.
    Trifecta: 3-1-5

Good Luck!

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Any harness racing fans?

(3) RAMONA DISOMMA is my pick of the night and a horse that should beat these. EASY FEELIN missed in its last and draws post 1 which could make for an easier trip. Trifecta: 3-1-5 Good Luck!
    yes, im a big ol harness head
    funny you mention Ramona...she was the horse i got to jog a few weeks back
    she's a sweetie and looks to do some damage against these tonight one of my favs...

i like your picks. usually thats a good thing but with my run of luck at yonkers, it might not be
    matter of fact i got one racing tonight at the meadows that i wont even mention he's been in such a slump....

bol with your selections!

Cam

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    yes, im a big ol harness head
    funny you mention Ramona...she was the horse i got to jog a few weeks back
    she's a sweetie and looks to do some damage against these tonight one of my favs...

i like your picks. usually thats a good thing but with my run of luck at yonkers, it might not be
    matter of fact i got one racing tonight at the meadows that i wont even mention he's been in such a slump....

bol with your selections!
    Cecil,

Thanks and I am sure we will be interacting often. I owned a horse back in the early 80's that I purchased at my home track (Roosevelt), she was claimed two races later, but it was a great experience to learn the process.

I lived in New York for 41 years and most of that time I lived on Long Island. I had all the best in horse racing. I now live in the Chicago area and visit Arlington Park often and play online to bet Yonkers.

I also have a handicapping site, but I am not sure if you can share that within a post or thread. I looked around and didn't see anything so I rather just play it safe.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Cecil, Thanks and I am sure we will be interacting often. I owned a horse back in the early 80's that I purchased at my home track (Roosevelt), she was claimed two races later, but it was a great experience to learn the process..
    i wanted to learn the process so i decided to experience the process through a small partnership share (10%) of a 10k claimer. if the shtf i could cut and run relatively unscathed. he raced well in 15k claimers and was up into 20k claimers where i SWORE he'd be picked up and he ultimately wasnt. i made my initial $ back on him and he's paid his way for the most part but with a month off recently im wondering how long i should hang with this nag tonights race will do most of the figuring for me

the 2nd horse i decided to get in on (another partnership pony) is a 2 y/o Kentucky sired pacing filly. she spent the winter in florida and was recently shipped up my way to Pocono. she may qualify there with possibly a start or two before heading to her stakes races in KY.....you may have heard of her daddy: "Cambest"
    with pocono being about 1.5 hrs from me im surprised i havent been up there yet with that bouquet of carrots i pictured myself presenting to her

*pm sent reguarding other matter....
    Last edited by cecil127; 05-14-11 at 02:06 PM.

DaHoss
    DaHoss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

So is Cam Fella your favorite horse then... i'll be back tomorrow with picks for the bigm and woodbine

Cam

Quote Originally Posted by DaHoss View Post
    So is Cam Fella your favorite horse then... i'll be back tomorrow with picks for the bigm and woodbine
    He was and I was fortunate to see his entire racing career.