mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

203rd Running of the 2000 Guineas Saturday at Newmarket

Ok so Frankel looks like a monster but how do you make money on this race with Frankel at 1-2.Well I will try these bets.

4-Frankel
    2-Casamento----12/1
    8-Native Khan---16/1
    11-Roderick O' Connor---10/1
    9-Pathfork----7/1

Play Straight Exacta
    with Frankel on top and get some money back if he wins

4-Frankel with 2,8,11,9

Then a EX Box with these and hit a nice one if the Fave has an off day

2-Casamento----12/1
    8-Native Khan---16/1
    11-Roderick O' Connor---10/1
    9-Pathfork----7/1

Or if you think there is no way Frankel will lose then

Trifecta
    4-Frankel with 2,8,9,11 with 2,5,8,9,10,12

Other Races

Race 2
    2-Campanologist

Race 4
    11-Sole Power

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Im using Casamento, Native Kkhan, Pathfork, Saamidd, Furry

Frankil/ Casa, Khan, Pat,Saam,Furry and reverse for exacta. proly do something with tri. will the real slim shadey please cross wire please cross wire.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Monster horse is right .... wow

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

wired them , amazing guess they didnt need the rabbit...

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Yeah he is a good one.

singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

The English 2,000 Guineas - FRANKEL wins by 6 lengths - but how !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQajCQ1_BSA

lads, I have followed racing since 1973.

I consider Sea Bird has the best horse on the flat to touch a European racetrack.

The best preformance witnessed by my eyes was Arazi in the Breeders Cup at Churchill Downs went he moved through field - when everyone was going backwards.

But, Frankel - the way he dominated from the start - holy f**k - WE HAVE A LIVE ONE HERE !

Get ready - you are going to hear a lot about this horse !

canuck
    Update your status
    canuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Dominating performance!

powerhouse
    powerhouse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

What a great way to Cap a weekend after all of the royal Hullabaloo !!

singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

here's a better high def replay from English TV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLwlPmDahQs

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

Time was two seconds slower than the "sea the stars" win in the same race a couple of years ago ... but reportedly horse has come out of the race very well ...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...-frankel-ascot

Frankel, who produced one of the most memorable performances in Classic history in the 2,000 Guineas on Saturday, will have his next run in either the Derby at Epsom or the St James's Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot, the colt's trainer Henry Cecil said on Sunday. However, Cecil also suggested that punters should not rush to bet on Frankel for the Derby, and he was only the third choice in the Classic market on the BetFair betting exchange on Sunday evening.

Frankel was reported to have taken his race well but is almost certain to miss next week's Dante Stakes at York, in which Cecil will field another of his possible Derby runners, World Domination.

"He had a 10-minute walk to stretch his legs and a 15-minute pick of grass in the paddock," Cecil said. "He looks to have taken the race very well. Obviously any race takes a bit out of a horse and I'll have to feel my way back with him carefully and quietly. There's no rush at all.

"The two options are the St James's Palace or the Derby. There's no point guessing and we want to get it right, but people who want to back him for the Derby want to sit, because he's not definitely going to be a Derby runner. Nothing has been confirmed yet, but I wouldn't personally back him for the Derby."

Frankel is a son of the 2001 Derby winner Galileo, but he showed such exceptional natural speed in the 2,000 Guineas that many bookmakers believe his stamina cannot possibly stretch to 12 furlongs and are eager to lay him for Epsom.

Cecil, too, shares the doubts, and seems inclined to wait until later in the season to step Frankel up in trip. "I think eventually, when he gets a bit stronger, there's every chance he'll get a mile and a quarter," he said. "Whether he'll get further than that, time will tell.

"I would think Ascot would be more probable, although nothing is definite. He could take on the older horses over a mile in races like the Sussex Stakes [at Goodwood] and the QEII [at Ascot] and we're going to put him in mile-and-a-quarter races later on, races like the Juddmonte [International at York, which is sponsored by Prince Khalid Abdullah, Frankel's owner].

"If I feel the Derby isn't the right race for him, then we shouldn't go for it. You're going into completely unknown territory and with the speed he's got, he'd have to be an extraordinary horse. I think it would be much better to feel our way with him and not confuse him. I think at the back of his mind, the Prince isn't for the Derby either."

Epsom will feel like a show with an understudy replacing the lead if Frankel misses the Derby, but Surrey's loss could prove to be Berkshire's gain. The opening day at Royal Ascot rarely attracts more than 40,000 racegoers, unlike the 80,000 sell-out days later in the week, but if Frankel runs in the St James's Palace Stakes he would become the star attraction on an already extraordinary card.

The meeting could conceivably begin with a clash between Goldikova, the three-time winner of the Breeders' Cup Mile, and Canford Cliffs, who won three Group Ones at a mile last season. In the next race, the King's Stand Stakes, the remarkable Hungarian sprinter Overdose is expected to make his British debut, which could in turn be less than an hour before Frankel's run in the St James's Palace.

"It would be fantastic if Frankel ran at Ascot, and for racing people it would be a day when you simply cannot afford not to be there," Nick Smith, Ascot's head of PR, said.

"People might well see five or six of the best 10 horses in the world, all running on the same day, and that's the message we will be trying to get through as much as we can."

laxbrah420
    laxbrah420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

Clearly handicapping a race without turns must still require some skill --but I don't see how the fastest horse shouldn't win each time. Seems like so many more variables in races around a track....

That was awesome though

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by laxbrah420 View Post
    Clearly handicapping a race without turns must still require some skill --but I don't see how the fastest horse shouldn't win each time. Seems like so many more variables in races around a track....

That was awesome though
    60-70% of races in the UK are handicap races, so weight plays a much more significant part in handicapping .... ground can make a BIG difference from heavy (very wet) to firm (very hard) ... each course has different characteristics ... some have an uphill finish, some are undulating, a lot of tracks do have turns ...

.... its much easier to handicap races when they are almost all a one mile circle on the same surface with almost identical weights each race ...

:0)