Gremlin Lad
    Gremlin Lad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Robby Albarado arrested

Sunday April 3, 2011

Robby Albarado, a veteran rider on the Kentucky and New Orleans circuits, was arrested for domestic violence and two other charges, Louisville Metro Police said April 1.

He was released from jail later in the afternoon, according to his agent, Lenny Pike. Albarado was arrested on three counts—intimidating a participant in legal process, wanton endangerment in the first degree, and assault in the fourth degree (domestic violence, minor injury).He is scheduled to appear in court in Kentucky on April 5.

Albarado is scheduled to ride three horses at Oaklawn Park for trainer Michael Stidham on April 2, including Comedero in the $50,000 Nodouble Breeders’ Stakes. “He got out on his own recognizance, he didn’t have to post bail,” said Pike. “He was released about two hours ago and I drove him to the airport, he’s on a plane flying to Oaklawn Park right as we speak. He’s coming back Sunday night and he’ll breeze horses all week and ride opening day (April 8) at Keeneland."

According to the Associated Press, Albarado’s wife, Kimber, told officers who arrived at the couple's home late on the evening of March 31 that a discussion about their relationship became heated. Police told the Associated Press that Albarado, 37, is accused of breaking his wife's phone and trying to strangle her, leaving red marks around her throat. Emergency Medical Services personnel were called but she refused treatment, said the police report. The couple has three young children, sons Kaden and Kash, and daughter Larkin.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

she probably wanted him to spend more time with her. and of course he has no time to spend with her as he is busy riding horses everywhere. she just doesn't get it. maybe now she got the message. stay home and watch your kids and don't worry about what i'm doing....

josicoyote
    josicoyote's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    she probably wanted him to spend more time with her. and of course he has no time to spend with her as he is busy riding horses everywhere. she just doesn't get it. maybe now she got the message. stay home and watch your kids and don't worry about what i'm doing....
    There is never a excuse for abuse, thank goodness no one was seriously hurt. When heated arguments develop over whatever...they need to be put to a stop before things like this happen. It's harder when things like this happen and your in the media spotlight. They thrive on this. I hope he gets anger management and they both get couple counseling if they stay together. I'm sure it will be mandatory.

unusialsusp5

couple counseling and all counseling is a joke.. everyone including the counselers know it's a joke.. no one listens and no one cares about some wet behind the years college grad counseling people...the only way to keep a wife in line is to smack her if she doesn't tow the line...not serious injury smacking but enough to let her know who's boss...

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

mr. unusial'did you take your mental stability medicine this morning? i think not.

seeya

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Albarado has gotten himself into trouble, there is no excuse for abuse.

The woman has him by the baws now, he left marks on her neck and they have youngsters together, she's getting half of everything at a minimum, perhaps more now, you fooked up this time up Robby.

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by dugbug15 View Post
    mr. unusial'did you take your mental stability medicine this morning? i think not.

seeya

might need some of my meds to mellow you down

unusialsusp5

just trying to grab 4 easy betpoints.. lighten up.. tens of thousands of abusive marriages out there far worse than robby albarado's....who's kidding who... she zeroed in on a meal ticket... successful but short jockey... lonely and needed tall wife... she went for it and he turned out to be not that nice... way it goes...

MrExacta
    MrExacta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

If he had tried a little harder she wouldn't have been able to talk to the cops.

MrExacta -`