slapster33
    slapster33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is crosby retiring?

Whats with this news?

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Apparently his family is trying hard to convince him to hang up the skates since he's accomplished pretty much everything already and they don't think hockey's worth risking his future well being.

I'm 99.9% sure Crosby will not retire. He's way to competitive to hang them up in his prime.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

lol, no

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

the little puss should retire. he may be a gifted player, but he's a boy playing in a mans sport. i knew he wouldn't come close to gretzky or lemieux's records. pompus arrogant little snot nosed baby who hides behind other players have no room in this sport. better he do a nik kypreos and try his game at being a commentator.

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by pickemtowinem View Post
    the little puss should retire. he may be a gifted player, but he's a boy playing in a mans sport. i knew he wouldn't come close to gretzky or lemieux's records. pompus arrogant little snot nosed baby who hides behind other players have no room in this sport. better he do a nik kypreos and try his game at being a commentator.
    C'mon... Anyone that loves the game wants crosby playing.
    U from phiily?

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money

no, im from toronto.
    I credit him for being a great talent....no one questions that. But when I see guys like him, Ribero that act hurt, fake injuries, act to get calls, and literally hide behind players- I cannot see how he is good for the sport.
    The guy is a cry baby. I can't get over that.....this is hockey. Man up, take your shots and keep going.....all this complaining to the ref.....for crying out loud......that ish has to stop.
    I remember one game where he was leaning over to take a face off, got clipped in the chin with the other players stick, and dropped to the ice like he was shot in the face, and was literally having convulsions....then, when the whistle blew, the little focker got up and smiled at the ref.....wtf??!?? ish like that HAs to stop. HAS TO.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

crosby will not retire. hes the current face of the nhl. enough said

pepper60000
    pepper60000's Avatar Become A Pro!

no way he retires....he'll come back, probably next year. He just needs to take a year off....poor guy though....you gotta feel for him

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by slapster33 View Post
    Whats with this news?
    I'm starting to lose faith in the human race...

gohabsgo

as much as i like the player, Gretsky Gretzky was a crybaby too.
    Last edited by gohabsgo; 03-14-11 at 11:05 AM.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Apparently his family is trying hard to convince him to hang up the skates since he's accomplished pretty much everything already and they don't think hockey's worth risking his future well being.
    I think that was nothing more than a bunch of bunk this nutjob radio host was spewing to make people tune into his show. There is no proof of anyone in Crosby's family doing such a thing, and his parents have denied ever saying such a thing.

I'm 100% convinced he'll be returning to the game of hockey. The kid has a passion for the game that few posess.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money

Quote Originally Posted by gohabsgo View Post
    as much as i like the player, Gretsky was a crybaby too.
    I can agree to that.
    But he didn't dive, whine or complain to refs the way Sid did/does, didn't fake injuries or hide behind his goons....
    And one can argue, Crosby is playing in an era where the game is more open, and has way less to deal with that guys like Yzerman and Gretzky had to deal with.....

Crosby = Soft.

leafsfan19
    leafsfan19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 599

he wont retire lol

DEUCED
    DEUCED's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gohabsgo View Post
    as much as i like the player, Gretsky was a crybaby too.
    "GretSky"??? Very disrespectful. Edmonton born. Calgary raised. Die Hard Flames Fan, but the guy is the best ever. GRETZKY. If you don't think they were hitting this hard in the 80s, think again. Equipment was like foam padding not armour. Good players had their head up.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

would be nice to retire at age 17

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

so he;s done for the year then//

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

he'll be back for game one of the playoffs, the little pussy. mark it.

gohabsgo

Anybody knows if crosby has a girlfriend? I always wondered if he was gay...
    I'm not kidding.
    Last edited by gohabsgo; 03-14-11 at 11:11 AM.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

He skated for the first time since suffering from a concussion. Its funny when you guys call him a pussy but how could you actually question someones health? Are you a fuking doctor? Maybe your the pussy cause you've never played the sport of hockey.

Hes a stud and Americans are just pissed off because he scored and won the Gold Medal. SORRRRRRRAYYYYY

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Its funny when you guys call him a pussy but how could you actually question someones health?
    I call him a pussy because I've seen him whine, dive, and punch a guy in the nuts from behind.

has nothing to do with his health at all. duh.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by pickemtowinem View Post
    I can agree to that. But he didn't dive, whine or complain to refs the way Sid did/does, didn't fake injuries or hide behind his goons.... And one can argue, Crosby is playing in an era where the game is more open, and has way less to deal with that guys like Yzerman and Gretzky had to deal with..... Crosby = Soft.
    Gretzky was the best player in the game ever for sure but at least Crosby drops them and does decent in fights. And Gretzky's fight where the other guy turtles and doesn't even throw a punch doesn't count

Yeah the guy cries to the ref a lot but you can't deny the kid's talent. The average player and goaltender are way better than they were in Gretzky's era so what Crosby has done relative to his time is just unbelievable.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Gretzky was the best player in the game ever for sure but at least Crosby drops them and does decent in fights. And Gretzky's fight where the other guy turtles and doesn't even throw a punch doesn't count Yeah the guy cries to the ref a lot but you can't deny the kid's talent. The average player and goaltender are way better than they were in Gretzky's era so what Crosby has done relative to his time is just unbelievable.
    I agree he is talented. No doubt there. I will never put him on the same level as the great one...ever.
    I'd argue the game was alot tougher to play with Gretzky and Yzerman and Lemuiex were playing....less open ice, more brutal hits, softer pads etc.....
    Crosby is a great player....but he is soft. I dont deny his talent, but he is not a tough player. Gives cheap shots and runs behind his goons.....

I will say that he has accomplished more than the average player, and we can agree that he is infact above average, but the lack of toughness, or manliness if you will, is what gets me about him. He gives Canadian's a bad rep...makes the world think we are all soft and cry babies....that's my major issue with him. Man up, take you're shots and keep playing. Stop the complaining, stop the baby acting and embellishing to get calls, lace em up and play the game.
    If and when he does these things for more than a week per season, then and only then will I have respect for this TALENTED but PUSSY like phenom.

happy now!

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    I think that was nothing more than a bunch of bunk this nutjob radio host was spewing to make people tune into his show. There is no proof of anyone in Crosby's family doing such a thing, and his parents have denied ever saying such a thing. I'm 100% convinced he'll be returning to the game of hockey. The kid has a passion for the game that few posess.
    bob mcCown is a legend he doesn't have to make shit up to get ppl to tune in. he said someone in his family but he said it was not his parents told him they want him to think about retiring. they said he has enough money, a cup, game winning goal to win the gold medal. world jr gold medal they said he has nothing else to prove. I was listening to this and he said over and over a family member told him but it was not his parents.

just because a family member said mabey he should think of retiring doesn't mean that he will.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Give him one more concusion and hes gone.