tag10
    tag10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston Bruins Big Today?

Hello guys.

I'm not often going big on single bets as I always seem to lose when I do... However, today Im considering Boston Bruins against struggling and rebuilding Ottawa Senators.
    Ottawa just lost Fisher,Ruutu, Elliot and Kelly -traded to Boston, and got Alfredsson, Gonchar, Leclaire and Campoli out with injuries.
    We'll probably see Lehner in net for the Senators today, who doesnt have very convincing stats.

Bruins are only missing Savard I think..

So what do you think? Is going big on Boston tonight a good bet?

RbN
    RbN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Should be........they will try to get a run going after their losses.......

Also liking Detroit and Philadelphia.

tag10

Yeah, I'm taking Detroit too, but with smaller stakes than Boston.

InTheRed
    InTheRed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17680

Boston is on the back end of a b2b. Last night they steamrolled the Islanders.

-175 is a lot of juice.

I wouldn't go big on the game. If anything look at the PL. +170. It's what I played last night and they won by 3.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by InTheRed View Post

-175 is a lot of juice.

I wouldn't go big on the game. If anything look at the PL. +170. It's what I played last night and they won by 3.
    very true but isnt the islanders as bad as ottawa and hopefully boston comes out to play instead of going thru the motions

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

boston just made a trade for tomas Kaberle from the leafs... should make them better somewhat.. lol

InTheRed
    InTheRed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17680

Kaberle trade still needs approval. He won't play tonight. Also, Bs traded Stuart and Wheeler in a separate trade. They won't be in uni either.

Makes this a no play for me now.

wcb231
    wcb231's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 496

I'd stay away. Bruins will definitely be without Wheeler and Stuart, and I doubt Kaberle plays tonight. That along with 2nd of back to back is a red flag

tag10

-175 is a lot of juice.

I'm leaning towards regulation at about -105.

tag10

Kaberle trade still needs approval. He won't play tonight. Also, Bs traded Stuart and Wheeler in a separate trade. They won't be in uni either.

Makes this a no play for me now.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcb231 View Post
    I'd stay away. Bruins will definitely be without Wheeler and Stuart, and I doubt Kaberle plays tonight. That along with 2nd of back to back is a red flag
    Okay, thanks guys. Made me a little worried now

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

With the trade today, they are still +1000 on Bodog, +1215 on The Greek and a super steal +1400 on 5Dimes to win cup.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Playing the Bruins on the puckline, they have been feast or famine for a while so staying away from ML. Also on the over in this one, Thomas has not been as sharp lately and Bruins on scoring tear.

santana57
    santana57's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kaberle obviously isn't playing tonight correct? Peverly?

Metalhead
    Metalhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

Quote Originally Posted by santana57 View Post
    Kaberle obviously isn't playing tonight correct? Peverly?
    Bruins are trying to get him in the lineup tonight.

Quik13
    Quik13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 831

I'm on Boston tonight. Also on Buffalo. Good luck with your bets.

odog11

Peverly out and looks like Kaberle will play. According to the Boston Herald. "The Bruins said that Kaberle, who had a relatively easy flight from Toronto, will likely suit up for the Bruins tonight vs. the Senators."

I think either way the Bruins should be fired up tonight and for those unsure I think the over is the best play.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

id go big, it looks like a good spot

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

seems like everyone is on boston,phili and detroit.. im leaning anaheim and new jersey myself gl

Taka
    Taka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Boston cost me several of my parlays last few days...

Jones10
    Jones10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

Quote Originally Posted by AL1322 View Post
    seems like everyone is on boston,phili and detroit.. im leaning anaheim and new jersey myself gl

Yea I've noticed that, I actually like your picks more then the more popular ones tonight.

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

brindamour ceremony tonight. he also played for philly. flyers to wear his jersey number in pre-game skate. i expect a few goals tonight. not no 2-1 game like last week in philly.

looking hard at canes over 2.5. flyers can hit 3 easy too.

wings no tt on 5 d's.duh, i hate when they do that.

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Ottawa traded Elliot for Anderson from COL and Ruutu was traded as well. I don't see why bruins won't use this opp to get another win.

CindyCryBaby
    CindyCryBaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2143

bol

skidrow
    skidrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by wcb231 View Post

if you ever heard the term, bet the farm tonight, pull out that pink slip for your car, drain every penny in your bank account and drop this down tonight on bruins to win puck line.

Boston Bruins -1.5 +168 (5x)

now, to answer any doubt bout this game... the fact ottawa is the worst team in the NHL (sorry them and edmonon actually) and have traded away the whole team in the last 2 weeks.
    * wheeler? was never a deciding factor in anygame this season, wont be missed in this SOLID lineup, stuart has been benched forever, so again not a factor.

* now with all the hype excitement over the bruins trade in grabbing kaberle, and him being dressed tonite in ottawa, we're talking one of the best hockey teams in the NHL vs the Worst. this will be an offensive clinic, where the bruins side total will probably be enough for an over play, but i dont play totals, just stating how big and what impact tonights game will be. last nights beating of the islanders was great, tonights will be bigger.

bruins are road warriors... long story short, if you know hockey, this one is in the bag- bruins send a message to the NHL an answer the call of upper management...you want a cup with all these deals? you got it... they roll over senators ...bank on it!

kevinkim
    kevinkim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

only one thing it worries me, is we all know ottawa have nothing left in the team( plus injuries )
    the high school kid knows that, boston just got kaberle(will play) every factor indicate bruins easy
    this kind of game can be two things, either boston just win as expected , nothing to be proud choose a team at -175 where the whole world will be on, whatever the puckline also is, or boston will just **** every bettors.
    honestly , heavy road dog playing a back to back game is not the best option, i dont care how bad ottawa lineup looks like, ottawa anyway sucked before this line up shaking, may be the new players will play better.
    not a good game to bet.

skidrow

Quote Originally Posted by kevinkim View Post
    only one thing it worries me, is we all know ottawa have nothing left in the team( plus injuries )
    the high school kid knows that, boston just got kaberle(will play) every factor indicate bruins easy
    this kind of game can be two things, either boston just win as expected , nothing to be proud choose a team at -175 where the whole world will be on, whatever the puckline also is, or boston will just **** every bettors.
    honestly , heavy road dog playing a back to back game is not the best option, i dont care how bad ottawa lineup looks like, ottawa anyway sucked before this line up shaking, may be the new players will play better.
    not a good game to bet.
    throw that all out the window, this is the boston bruins tonight @ ottawa, and for some god foresaken reason such a pathetic team like ottawa even keeps it close, an empty netter in the last 2 minutes covers the puckline of -1.5 ...now..reality... i'll predict 8-0 boston, give you an idea of the beating thats going to take place, bruins riding right now, and back to back games? these are NHL pro's, and ottawa isnt philly....

kevinkim

Quote Originally Posted by skidrow View Post

throw that all out the window, this is the boston bruins tonight @ ottawa, and for some god foresaken reason such a pathetic team like ottawa even keeps it close, an empty netter in the last 2 minutes covers the puckline of -1.5 ...now..reality... i'll predict 8-0 boston, give you an idea of the beating thats going to take place, bruins riding right now, and back to back games? these are NHL pro's, and ottawa isnt philly....
    i used to lose tons of money when i was young playing or just taking the game like you do
    bruins should win but , it wont be a the game you think, even its a easy game
    i dont want be involved in a game where one team have depleted lineup, what do you really expect? sure bruins have to win
    i rather face the full ottawa line up which struggle anyway, but boston would be like -130 and i will really have to handicap the game cleanly
    now, i can not see the game both ways, we are almost blindly taking the bruins, just watching the sens line up.
    sens line up should not decide for me to place a big wager on a team at -180 which i never do in NHL.

kevinkim

i still think the game for the bruins was yesterday's one vs islanders
    it opened pretty fairly around -145
    that game needed some thinking before to take the b's cause islanders was winning games
    i hate to bet on games like tonight s one, we almost have no other option than take the B's
    sometime having a doubt on a game is not a bad thing because, thats when we become the real sports bettor
    like tonight's game even my nephew or my mom will take the bruins with all the trades and injuries with ottawa.
    very NOT interesting.

skidrow

Quote Originally Posted by kevinkim View Post
    i used to lose tons of money when i was young playing or just taking the game like you do
    bruins should win but , it wont be a the game you think, even its a easy game
    i dont want be involved in a game where one team have depleted lineup, what do you really expect? sure bruins have to win
    i rather face the full ottawa line up which struggle anyway, but boston would be like -130 and i will really have to handicap the game cleanly
    now, i can not see the game both ways, we are almost blindly taking the bruins, just watching the sens line up.
    sens line up should not decide for me to place a big wager on a team at -180 which i never do in NHL.
    i hear what you're saying my man, no arguments on that, but this is as simple as it gets to a guaranteed win (i never guarantee, not even tonight) but it would be an extreme upset for the sens to win tonight, nor do i think they will even score.

thomas is the best, i do say this with his stats in mind, vezina winner once again possibly, Chara, Seidenburg,Kaberle, Boychuk, etc i just dont see many goals if any at all, am calling a shutout tonight, last i saw thomas had 7 already, anyhow. the bruins and their team i have zero doubts about.

if the sens were trading to make cup run, then i could understand the logic, but this team was seriously dismantled after they lost 12 in a row, i mean, they are a pathetic team. now, in the past week or two, they have just dealt everyone good, and anyone decent enough playing is injured, and all the kids playing

...ahh man... i smell an ugly beating, and with something the bruins have to play for, 2 points to gain, as for sens, ya, probably even gonna throw the game, well, i wouldnt go as far as that conspiracy, but... they are in line to draft in the top 2 slots this season....so... add that all up, says, lay down the coin on 1.5 pucks, like i said, say even you're right, that some crazy reason sens keep it close, the empty netter for the 2 goal win in the last couple mins is a solid play....

but all in all, i'll be fair in my prediction ... 6-0 bruins...shutout for thomas, and bruins showcase what they have as a team, a cup contender.

im not being cocky, and i do respect your logical opinion. appreciated!

odog11

Nice, had to sweat it a lot longer than last night. Interesting that Thomas didn't play tonight. Can I get money down on the over Tuesday night now?

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

imagine those that had UN 5.5 -125? 1-1 with 10 min to go in the game, and looking like a champ. 2-1 with 4 min to go.. and at this moment, you probably write the game as a winner. and game ends on 6 and you lose. if someone told you when it was 2-1 with 4 min to go that there would be no empty net goal in game, how much more would you have bet if you were able to?? your life savings?? proabably..

skidrow

if you ever heard the term, bet the farm tonight, pull out that pink slip for your car, drain every penny in your bank account and drop this down tonight on bruins to win puck line.

Boston Bruins -1.5 +168 (5x)

now, to answer any doubt bout this game... the fact ottawa is the worst team in the NHL (sorry them and edmonon actually) and have traded away the whole team in the last 2 weeks.
    * wheeler? was never a deciding factor in anygame this season, wont be missed in this SOLID lineup, stuart has been benched forever, so again not a factor.

* now with all the hype excitement over the bruins trade in grabbing kaberle, and him being dressed tonite in ottawa, we're talking one of the best hockey teams in the NHL vs the Worst. this will be an offensive clinic, where the bruins side total will probably be enough for an over play, but i dont play totals, just stating how big and what impact tonights game will be. last nights beating of the islanders was great, tonights will be bigger.

bruins are road warriors... long story short, if you know hockey, this one is in the bag- bruins send a message to the NHL an answer the call of upper management...you want a cup with all these deals? you got it... they roll over senators ...bank on it!
    cash that bitch...Boston Bruins -1.5 +168 (5x)

tag10

cash that bitch...Boston Bruins -1.5 +168 (5x)
    Yes, nice one
    I ended up with a little lower stakes than I was planning in the first place, but on the puckline instead of regulation. Thank you for all the input!

sharpcircle
    sharpcircle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

booooom i had the 5.5u at a great price, what a great game...

Streakster777
    Chasin da Mony!
    Streakster777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sweeet! Any hot picks for today?