dvw5bf
    dvw5bf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Tampa Bay/Fading end of extended Home Stands

I have not sat down to verify the #'s but was thinking about an angle in so far as long-term home stands. I've heard on many occasions that on a long-term home stand, the home team's players can get a bit to lax in their play/life because they do get to go home every night, etc. With that in mind, I was looking at the Lighting who are coming into the final third of their 12 game home stand and they are coming up against some challenging teams:

2/17: vs Detroit
    2/19: vs Florida
    2/23: vs Pheonix
    2/25: vs New Jersey

Just wanted to get some thoughts on fading a team at the end of a long home stand and whether or not you think this may be a good time to start (if you think it is a good idea at all).

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

It is a theory which makes no sense at all to me. No harm in testing it out (assuming you just do it on paper and not for real cash) but I strongly suspect you will find it is nothing.

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

The story tonight at least is that Steve Yzerman, as GM, is returning to play his first game against the Red Wings. For that reason, the Lightning are going to come out and play hard, and likewise in the spirit of competition, this is one that Detroit will really want to win.

Both teams are usually high-scoring and play at a fast pace.

I'd say the play is Over 5.5

CapsFan
    CapsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree over is the way to go here