leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

leafs flyers trade

Versteg for 1st and 3rd draft pick in 2011

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Good trade for both teams. Versteeg gives the Flyers even more depth up front. Really like the Flyers to come out of the East.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Im liking it....I've been thinkin your Canucks and my flyers since before the all-star break, but how many years DO the best teams actually get there in the end?

I like Versteeg but Laviolette's probably gonna have to sit out one of our "feisty" players to give him ice time....Cucillo or Jody Shelly,the only other player on a short leash is Zherdev and but he's a playmaker when his head isnt up his a**.....Im thinking come playoff time he keeps Zherdev in the line-up and sits Nodl or someone similar.

Defrinetly a good problem for us to have though

Hmmmmm....wonder if we'll see Chicago in the finals this year....or has Cinderella turned back into a pumpkin ???

Locke
    Locke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2444

hawks will be lucky to make it to the playoff dance this year

Metalhead
    Metalhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Good trade for both teams. Versteeg gives the Flyers even more depth up front. Really like the Flyers to come out of the East.
    Exactly

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    Im liking it....I've been thinkin your Canucks and my flyers since before the all-star break, but how many years DO the best teams actually get there in the end??
    how friggin bout it. last year they make it into the PO after a shootout with the rags and i was confident as hell. this year they're riding out in front and im nervous as hell

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

LOL goal under review obv doesn't count. Shocking!

SVD514
    crosby sucks. go flyers
    SVD514's Avatar Become A Pro!

flyers canucks final is exactly what hockey needs

awesomeness
    awesomeness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

Yeahh that will be so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Leafs trade away 2 Cup winners in a week. Can't believe they got this much for him though, has been awful this season.

wcb231
    wcb231's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 496

Great trade for the Bruins

CapsFan
    CapsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Better deal for the Leafs on this one. Versteeg is nothing more than a 3rd line player on a good team, but on the leafs hes a first line player. In turn the leafs get out a 1st and 3rd rounder and the 3rd rounder is gonna be turned into an NHL ready player by Burke soon probably. Leafs get back in the first round of the draft which is exactly what they need.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Laffs get what?
    A 20th and 60th pick?
    Let's see what Boston gets for Kessel?
    Burke saw his fat shadow...........6 more years of futility!

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

The flyers have everything in place to win it. They have the veteran leadership and seem to have rectified the goal situation. They always seem to have success, too.
    I would love the Canucks to get there too, but they always have serious playoff problems.
    Flyers are basic lock considering the falling short by two games in 2010, but I will be honestly surprised if the Canucks can join them. Here's hopin...
    I am not nervous about the flyers' run this time. They will have some enormous playoff beards. No worries, man.

rthoughton

He will be a upgrade over zherdev first of all. 2nd we gave up a 1st and 3rd rounder for him. He is a restricted free agent after next year and if some1 offers him a contract the Flyers can't/won't match then they get a 1st and 3rd as compensation. Also if that scenerio happens whoever makes that offer is more than likely going to finish worse then the Flyers ultimately making those picks better than the ones they are giving toronto hence basically either giving us versteeg for picks if we sign him or we get our picks back in 2 years but they will be upgraded.

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

look for the flyers to make another deal to get carcello or zherdev out of town... like the trade... Homer pulls another great trade..

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by KACK View Post
    look for the flyers to make another deal to get carcello or zherdev out of town... like the trade... Homer pulls another great trade..
    Doubtful. If they trade Zherdev, they're left with the hole in the top 9 which they filled with Versteeg. And they won't trade Carcillo, because Shelly isn't going to play much in the playoffs...

rthoughton

I just heard a Craig Anderson Rumor... but we were hearing JSG and Danny Alfredsson... who knows... I was expecting a blockbuster but that is probably out at this point.
    I honestly dont think they need to do anything.

R6MC
    R6MC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24711

basically got better to equal value for Versteeg as Fisher..

solid move by Burke, especially when you recognize that the Leafs picked up Versteeg for essentially free

whiteout2713
    whiteout2713's Avatar Become A Pro!

has anybody seen richie's lack of production this year? anbody figure it has anything to do with nodl being his linemate for the entire year? granted im not a big shelley or carcillo fan but nodl has to go. he dosent bring anything to the table