RussianMike
    RussianMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Hockey betting simple system question

Hey guys, lemme start off by telling you that I cannot name 3 hockey players, nor do I know what icing is. That being said, I have a few books that allow me to play the -1.5 line parleyed with over on same games. This seems to me correlated so closely that it seems like a simple system, but I basically scan team stats and take the top 50% of the scoring leaders by goal per game (teams) and then filter those by teams outscoring opponents by average of .30 goals or better per game. I believe basically just Phi., Det., Vanc., Boston, Chi. and Pitt. and always (they are usually favored) parley them as -1.5 and the over on the notion that they are the better team, and basically even a 3-2 lead for them at the end of games gives them a good shot at covering when the other team pulls their goalie last few minmutes. The -1.5 off course means I'm hoping for a blowout by the favorite, and these parleys usually price around 6-1 payouts (general estimate). Played the last few days and been working out great for me. Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Simple system, but to me there seems to be a reason why most books wont let me parley 35 point football favorites with overs on the same game. Hockey seems easier than that because scoring is quantitatively smaller. Any ideas?

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

If your bookie offered you lines -1.5 lines and the over on squash would you play it. Betting like this doesn't make much sense to me but go for it. Just play teams like Vancouver and Phily, that are high scoring winners BOL

slapster33
    slapster33's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a huge bruin fan i would keep that system away from them.......rarely win by two, and they always give up leads. I don't think they go over alot, you will not see the bruins at -1.5 much anyway so you don't have to worry. Good luck.

swissmix19
    swissmix19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

what books do you use that take that action?

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I'm pretty sure that bodog allows this...

Delirium tremens
    Update your status
    Delirium tremens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1285

If you don't know anything about hockey, you shouldn't be guessing.....and don't bet for kicks......bet to make money!!

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

looks like you'll hit it slightly more than 1 out of 6 times, which means you'll do fine if it's a 6 to 1 payout, i like it.

RussianMike

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium tremens View Post
    If you don't know anything about hockey, you shouldn't be guessing.....and don't bet for kicks......bet to make money!!

for kicks????? I'm trying to analyze a system, I dont have to know shit about hockey so long as i set up a sound system, which im asking about on this site.

RussianMike

Let me be a bit more specific here. I am in now way asking for any unsolicited advice on how to go about the business of this thing I call living my life.
    This is a "gamblers" forum so I am just asking if any real gamblers out there have anything to contribute regarding this rudimentary system for betting on hockey Im trying to figure out. Any of yall been noticing correlated varience regarding puck lines and score. Especially when said teams are home favorites from what ive filtered so far.

RussianMike

Quote Originally Posted by slapster33 View Post
    I'm a huge bruin fan i would keep that system away from them.......rarely win by two, and they always give up leads. I don't think they go over alot, you will not see the bruins at -1.5 much anyway so you don't have to worry. Good luck.

Then I must be missing something about hockey. I see mostly they are ranked between 5-10 best teams. (example espn has them at 8). Off course I dont take these rankings as any indicator whatsoever, but statistically they are outscoring opponents at 3.02 to 2.21. Thats a .88 difference, the 2nd highest in the NHL this year behind vancouver. How can they possibly be doing this and not be considered one of the top teams, or even rarely -1.5 on the puck line when every favorite on ML is -1.5. True or am I missing something? I see they are missing one of their best scorers, and play tough defense, but if you are telling me that they are more often than not underdogs in a game, I will pound a parley on them +1.5 and the UNDER all day long.