lilb999
    lilb999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lay off the wings for awhile?

Once again the injury bug is killing Detroit. Tonight they lost their starting goalie Jimmy Howard due to bruised knee and Thomas Holmstrom cuz of a broken hand.

For those of you who dont know the wings are now missing 6 starters (all for a significant amount of time):

Datsyuk
    Holmstrom
    Modano
    Cleary
    Stuart
    Howard

I think ill lay off the wings for abit till they heal up...Or just bet against em?

pstaff1989
    pstaff1989's Avatar Become A Pro!

Idk they just beat the jackets and now play them again on Saturday

I would say it's either Detroit (even with the injuries) or no play.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by pstaff1989 View Post
    Idk they just beat the jackets and now play them again on Saturday

I would say it's either Detroit (even with the injuries) or no play.
    They just lost to the Jackets... Howard may be back for tomorrow's game so stay tuned. The kid is tough and won't want to be watching his injury riddled team lose from the pressbox.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

I don't think anyone should be betting DET at this time because even though they are still a top team, you have to be considering all the injuries and the fact that all their goalies seem to be struggling. Moreover, the books aren't going to treat them any different so it isn't going to be worth it to bet them at the odds because they are still going to get too much respect.

God bless.

bjornbarspingvin
    bjornbarspingvin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit lost the game to their bad netminding in the start of the game. Gave me à missed bet, good thing i nailed the col win , min played their 4 th string! Goalie. Not that Colorado didnt try to loose when they stopped shooting in the middle of the game.

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Unfortunately I think staying off Wings games for awhile is the right move (hard for me, lol)

They're still capable of winning every night, so I wouldn't bet against them, but the injuries are just piling up too fast. Datsyuk isn't too far from returning though, so that's good.

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

Injuries are piling up for these oldtimers........I feel a cold streak coming and possibly good value fading

pstaff1989
    pstaff1989's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol, I meant to say they Lost to the jackets! My bad I was drinking hard last night

mart59a
    mart59a's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13553

Is Columbus a good pick today?

lilb999
    lilb999's Avatar Become A Pro!

They got good value @ +160. I dont know is the jackets will beat the wings twice in a row, but it could be a toss up with all the injuries to key players in Detroit

soni
    soni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

doubt they'll revenge the loss from yesterday .... with all those injuries hardly ...

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Detroit probably wins but there's no value in taking them. I'd stay away from the game since there's so many others.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    Detroit probably wins but there's no value in taking them. I'd stay away from the game since there's so many others.
    PLENTY of games