philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

Flyers Over - Leighton first start?

I hear Michael Leighton might be making his first start in goal of the season after off-season hip surgery. He has been sitting on the bench as the 3rd string goalie. He only played 2 rehab games in early December in the minors. He is not very good to begin with and you got think he is going to be rusty. Maybe a LA play here, but I think I might go with the over.

philswin

On top of Leighton possibly starting - Pronger is out (#1 Dman) and Timonen (#2 Dman) has a 50/50 chance to play.

jonnyboy21
    jonnyboy21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1455

At present Bobrovsky is expected to start.

philswin

Not Official but on Philly.com - A team source told the Daily News yesterday that Leighton, who has yet to appear in a Flyers uniform since Patrick Kane clinched the Stanley Cup for Chicago in overtime of Game 6 on June 9, will start in net tonight against the Los Angeles Kings at the Staples Center as the Flyers look to avoid a three-game losing streak.
    Coach Peter Laviolette would not confirm or deny the move yesterday - though he has never been one to announce his lineup ahead of time.
    "I have faith and trust in all players in the lineup to do a job," Laviolette said. "We have three goaltenders right now and I'm pretty confident in all of them, just based on what I've seen since I've been here. All three goaltenders are healthy. All three goaltenders are available to us."
    Leighton received the bulk of the work in practice yesterday afternoon in El Segundo, Calif. He had a herniated disk in his back surgically repaired on Oct. 11 and first returned to practice on Nov. 20 before completing two rehab stints with the Phantoms in early December. He has been patiently waiting since then as the Flyers sought the right time to get him back in the lineup.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz19bZQ3bL6
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

jonnyboy21
    jonnyboy21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1455

I can confirm Leighton starts tonight.

GoldenRichards
    GoldenRichards's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have bet under on that game

philswin

Easy win 5 minutes into second period - second and third string goalies starting

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Great call here...nice win on the Over.