treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Can't believe Canadiens lost last night

they were up 3-1 after the first period, then i went to bed, i wake up and they lost 6-4. what a dissapointment.

Bobby
    Bobby's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wonder if Montreal will enjoy that 6th round pick they got for Huet in the trade with Washington......if they keep Huet they probably get to the cup but instead they take the 6th rounder, smart move Gainey.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watching the Habs lose is bliss!

They are in a world of hurt with their goaltender Price.
    Sweet.

TheAnswer03
    TheAnswer03's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    I wonder if Montreal will enjoy that 6th round pick they got for Huet in the trade with Washington......if they keep Huet they probably get to the cup but instead they take the 6th rounder, smart move Gainey.
    Last time I checked the Flyers beat the Caps with Huet in net. I dont think it would of mattered if they had kept him..

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36705

It was actually a 2nd round pick for Huet, but the point is still well taken.

Dashwood Clipper
    Dashwood Clipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The Habs had a difficult decision to make in trading Huet. Keep him and lose him to free agency in the offseason( Huet is carrying a steep price tag), or trade him and get something in return. The Canadiens in hindsight were wrong to start Price, as he was exposed badly in the playoffs, but it worked in the past with Dryden, Roy, and most recently Cam Ward. All things being equal, it was a successful season for a team most picked to be bottom feeders at the start of the year.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

the habs have horrid goalie play and are weak
    thats why the got wrecked
    i thought they would show up
    they didnt

Bobby
    Bobby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    It was actually a 2nd round pick for Huet, but the point is still well taken.

Yup you're right, it was a 2nd.

Dashwood, I agree with you. Was a tough choice and it's easy now in hindsight to say "should have kept Huet" but I just checked and Price and Huet basically had the same save percentage in the playoffs....I guess Huet made more highlight reel saves so that's why I figured his stats were better. But either way, on trade deadline day Gainey knew his team was going to be in a good playoff spot and this was their chance at a run. I think you gotta keep all your best players and add to your team rather than unloading players if you plan on going far in the playoffs.

Arnold
    Arnold's Avatar Become A Pro!

I expected more from Montreal. Kind of surprised they went down that easy.