Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I know nothing about hockey, but some plays got my attention today.

Nashville, Toronto, Montreal and 1Q over 1.5 on Caps game. Any input on this? I'm starting to learn about hockey now and would be glad to have some insight on this thread

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I like all but toronto

Metatron
    Metatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Be careful with Montreal. Tampa is a good team this year as long as Mike Smith plays well.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Toronto is decent team.

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Nashville, Toronto, Montreal and 1Q over 1.5 on Caps game. Any input on this? I'm starting to learn about hockey now and would be glad to have some insight on this thread

Brother, I am a Toronto fan, born and bread. I wouldn't put money on either Toronto OR MTL tonight. Look at the overs. I know you know nothing about hockey, so I will enlighten you a little bit...

TB Lightning has 2 (arguably their best) players that are FROM Quebec (the province that Montreal is in), they always come out large when they are there.

Toronto's back-up goalie is in tonight. While he is extremely talented, he lacks a certain level of NHL maturity and the Pen's offense is explosive.

Soooooo sorry if they DO win but also look at the overs.

Pauulzcappin

Thanks for the help guys, I'll look further

trade88
    trade88's Avatar Become A Pro!

1Q over 1.5? lol.

Perhaps you should hold off on any action and learn more about the sport. No offense, but playing 4 sides a night, especially early in the season is ridiculous. I kind of admire the degeneracy but finding 4 good spots a week is what you should be aiming for, if that.

In the meantime, you could enter some Fantasy pools to add some juice to your viewing. Good luck.

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by trade88 View Post
    1Q over 1.5? lol. Perhaps you should hold off on any action and learn more about the sport. No offense, but playing 4 sides a night, especially early in the season is ridiculous. I kind of admire the degeneracy but finding 4 good spots a week is what you should be aiming for, if that. In the meantime, you could enter some Fantasy pools to add some juice to your viewing. Good luck.
    The posted plays are just the ones I'm following sharp money on. I don't even know if I'll play anything today.

trade88
    trade88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not much sharp money being played in October. Ron Wilson (not that I'm a huge fan of him, nor Burke) said last night that it takes 6 weeks for coaches & management to figure out what kind of team they have after a summer of changes.
    If it takes them 6 weeks for them to figure it out (and they probably have a better idea of wtf is going on than even baxter_man13), then maybe it's a good idea to hold off and watch as much as possible.
    Betting the NHL in October is like betting unraced 2-year-olds at the track and reading some of the daily plays here I feel like Richard Dreyfuss in Let It Ride when he asks the railbirds who they like in the next race.

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    The posted plays are just the ones I'm following sharp money on. I don't even know if I'll play anything today.
    incorrect

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    incorrect
    Thanks for your insight, it really helped.