trade88
    trade88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Distinct kicking motion rule needs to be straightened out

Someone please explain to me how Sedin's goal in the playoffs last spring is disallowed and Horcoff's goal on Sunday is counted because I'm sure that Mike Murphy is incapable of doing so.

Here they are...

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

the NHL has inconsistent rules that are selectively enforced? color me shocked!

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

LOL Horcoff's goal looked like way more of a distinct kicking motion than Sedin's obviously. Sedin's wasn't even a kick he was turning through the crease. They need to just get rid of this stupid rule, there's no reason you shouldn't be allowed to kick it in.

killgod
    killgod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    LOL Horcoff's goal looked like way more of a distinct kicking motion than Sedin's obviously. Sedin's wasn't even a kick he was turning through the crease. They need to just get rid of this stupid rule, there's no reason you shouldn't be allowed to kick it in.
    I think one of the main reasons why is safety, no need to encourage these guys to kick around their sword shoes!

I do agree that kicking should be okay, I just could understand this as a reason why they don't.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by killgod View Post
    I think one of the main reasons why is safety, no need to encourage these guys to kick around their sword shoes! I do agree that kicking should be okay, I just could understand this as a reason why they don't.
    Yeah you're right that is most likely the reason. Could get ugly with kicking going on and players lying on the ice, may see the first death in the NHL.

inflames
    inflames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14616

To me Horcoffs goal looks he is aware of what he is doing with that small "kicking move" with his skate. And Sedin is just avoiding to ram the goalie and gets lucky