Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF
    Baxter Man13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ovechin v.s. Crosby - Please stop

This whole Ovechkin v.s. Crosby really needs to stop. And I get it, it will bring in ratings and they need to compete with last years ratings between the olympics and the stanley cup finals. But this league has so much talent it should not focus entirely on just two players, every single season.

It baffles me the NHL gave the Penguins ANOTHER winter classic game, just to face the Capitals to bring in ratings after last years BORING Winter Classic Game. I get it they want more goals, more excitement, not a tight defensive 1 or 2 goal game.

BUT COME ON!

Lets not forget about players like Stamkos, Sedins, Kovalchuk, Malkin, Nash, Backstrom, Semin, Fleury, Luongo etc etc etc etc (this list could go on for days). It is like they NHL completely ignores the rest of the teams talents and they wonder why the USA does not follow hockey as much as canada. They know nothing about the other players, it is always just Ovechkin and Crosby.

The NHL is going into the wrong direction yet for another season with this marketing tactic. After I heard the NHL gave up the rights to nhl.com I really thought that I could go to nhl.com and see the leagues talent and news, not just crosby and ovechkin...but I guess I was wrong.

If you ask me, this HBO series should be about the top 10 talented players in the league not just 2 single players.

Also I believe the Winter Classic game should be either the Devils or the Lightning v.s. the Capitals.

OR

Do a west matchup, Canucks v.s. Sharks

Either or, there is so much talent between those 5 teams named above, the NHL will get the ratings they want with all the excitement and goals that they seek.
    Last edited by Baxter Man13; 09-23-10 at 04:59 PM. Reason: spelling

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Agreed. Both are phenomenal players in their own right. No need to start 2pac vs Biggy type wars I am pumped for Caps/Pens that is over city and most people want to see that but you make a good point about a lot of the forgotten stars especially on the West Coast.

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Agreed. Both are phenomenal players in their own right. No need to start 2pac vs Biggy type wars I am pumped for Caps/Pens that is over city and most people want to see that but you make a good point about a lot of the forgotten stars especially on the West Coast.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ya, it's already an old argument as both are great players in their own right and there will never be a true consensus on who is the 'better' player.

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Ya, it's already an old argument as both are great players in their own right and there will never be a true consensus on who is the 'better' player.
    IDC who is better RE READ what I said...This has nothing to do with who is better