DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

DG's 2010-2011 NHL Thread

Well I can't wait any longer I am officially opening my 2010-2011 NHL thread I have crunched the numbers from all my bets from last season to find out my strengths and weaknesses. It was a long, painful process but I feel it will be useful for the upcoming season. Without further ado here are the numbers:

2009-2010 Season Overall
    229-174-8 +$5106.64
    (56.82%)

Regular Season
    190-140-7 $4442.14 (57.58%
    )

Playoffs
    39-34-1 +$664.50 (53.42%)

Before I get into the breakdown by bet type I will say I was definitely happy with my overall totals. Things got a little hectic in the playoffs and I was betting a bit more than I was comfortable to make sure I achieved my goal of $5000 or more profit for the year. I was happy that I hit it and this year I have bigger expectations.

My Goals for the Year

-$10,000 total profit.
    -Win rate of 58% or higher.

Now the breakdown of my strengths and weaknesses from last season.

ML Bets

62-58 -$357.50 (51.67%)

I realize that in order to be successful in betting ML's in the NHL you definitely need to bet dogs regularly and avoid the heavy juice. Last year I probably bet around 5% total dogs so really I am lucky not to be down more. This season I will be doing my best to bet underdogs and low juice only for ML's.

PL Bets

12-8 +$712 (60.00%)

I was pretty shocked when I did the math and found out I made only 20 PL bets all year. With a record of only 4 over .500 and a profit of $712 I really realize that this is a must in order for long term success in pucks. I will be doing my best to make PL's a regular bet in my arsenal.

TOTALS

76-59-5 +$2003.37 (56.30%)

I definitely feel the most comfortable betting totals as opposed to ML's. I am very happy with my totals and I feel totals are still my bread and butter. I'd say roughly 70% of my totals were overs as I absolutely can not stand watching games in which I bet under It is just too stressful. Overs will continue to make up the majority of my total bets.

PERIOD TOTALS

64-30 +$3382.50 (68.09%)

These numbers really bring a smile to my face. I think it's pretty incredible I managed to keep a 68% win rate over 94 bets. 1st period overs were definitely my favorite bets of last season. 95% of these bets were 1st period overs. I got into the live bets and was using a chase system for 2nd and 3rd period bets with fairly good success in the playoffs. However I am a true grinder and really hate having to chase. It can get ugly in a hurry. I will likely be sticking to 1st period overs only for this season.

PROPS

4-2 +$218.33 (66.67%)

These are all penalty bets I was doing at the start of the year. I found that Rivalry games (EDM vs CAL / TOR vs MTL) etc were usually pretty golden for penalties in the first 4:59 which was the bet I made. However these are comparable to russian roulette but I may start looking into player props as I have had great success in player props in MLB.

TEAM TOTALS

2-0 +$212.50 (100%)

These I definitely will need to look into more for this year. I love totals and team totals are a bit of an untapped resource.

TWO TEAMERS

2-0 +$207.44 (100%)

I avoided doing parlays and two teamers last year for whatever reason. Two teamers can be great pairing together two high juice bets for a low or even plus money parlay. I will be trying these out this year more often.

3+ TEAM PARLAYS

0-2 -$105 (0%)

I only track $50+ bets on my spreadsheet and generally just throw $5-$10 on hero parlays hoping to strike it rich I won't be posting these likely at all this year.

1ST PERIOD ML

0-3-2 -$515 (0%)

These really were travesties last year I was going through a quick action period and these really didn't work out well. I won't be doing any of these this year. I wouldn't recommend you do either. 1st period -0.5 spreads for example have a lot better value.

CUP BET

0-1 -$50 (0%)

Not much to report here I just bet $50 on my beloved Canucks as I will likely do again this year I may bet $50 on 2-3 teams though.

PLAYOFF SERIES BETS

2-4 -$279 (33.33%)

These didn't work out too well last year with the unpredictable playoffs but I feel they offer good value and I will be on them again come playoff time.

Well there's the breakdown of last year. Clearly totals are my forte and I will continue to use them as the majority of my plays. I doubt I will be touching preseason puck as I really feel betting preseason isn't a smart idea.

In closing I look forward to a great year with all you degenerates from last year and looking to sharing inputs with other great NHL cappers. About a month to go before the first regular season game gets underway. I can't wait
    Points Awarded:

Retibol gave DennisGreen 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

fjordo gave DennisGreen 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Fissics gave DennisGreen 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

815Sox gave DennisGreen 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dutch gave DennisGreen 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

myilanli gave DennisGreen 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jays12 gave DennisGreen 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

inflames
    inflames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14616

Great numbers DG, looking forward to follow you this season too. Just need to get a book which has the period totals-awesome success there for you wouldnt wanna miss out on that...

If your goal is 10.000 in profit how much will your starting bankroll be?

fjordo
    fjordo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    2009-2010 Season Overall
    229-174-8 +$5106.64 (56.82%)
    First off, congratulations DG on an excellent year last season, and all the best moving forward, I'll be following.

I have crunched the numbers from all my bets from last season to find out my strengths and weaknesses.
    As soon as I saw this I thought, 1st period overs. I scroll down and sure enough, lol.
    PERIOD TOTALS
    64-30 +$3382.50 (68.09%)
    this year I have bigger expectations
    My Goals for the Year
    -$10,000 total profit.
    -Win rate of 58% or higher.
    I'm glad to see you're setting your goals high this year, and I'm sure you can achieve them. I just hope you don't mind if I come along for the ride.

Can't wait for the season to get under way and start making some money.

Good luck being patient for another month, oh, and of course good luck all season long.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by inflames View Post
    Great numbers DG, looking forward to follow you this season too. Just need to get a book which has the period totals-awesome success there for you wouldnt wanna miss out on that... If your goal is 10.000 in profit how much will your starting bankroll be?
    I probably will start with $1500-$2000. Haven't totally decided what I should start with. I am confident in my skills so I don't think I need too too much, but it's always nice to have some breathing room in case of a prolonged losing streak. Looking forward to making us both money this year

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by fjordo View Post
    First off, congratulations DG on an excellent year last season, and all the best moving forward, I'll be following. As soon as I saw this I thought, 1st period overs. I scroll down and sure enough, lol. I'm glad to see you're setting your goals high this year, and I'm sure you can achieve them. I just hope you don't mind if I come along for the ride. Can't wait for the season to get under way and start making some money. Good luck being patient for another month, oh, and of course good luck all season long.
    Thanks man and yeah 1st period overs are still my favorite type of bet. Looking forward to a good year and for sure I have no problem if you want to tail me. Let's get rich this year

svenodds
    MOJO
    svenodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5885

BOL this season

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by svenodds View Post
    BOL this season
    Thanks Sven. BOL to you as well.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Thanks for the points also boys, much appreciated
    Points Awarded:

D3 Mighty Ducks gave DennisGreen 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I owe you 116 now.

BOL this hockey season

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    I owe you 116 now.

BOL this hockey season
    Only 114 actually and I'm glad you are manning up and paying me back.

ahhlenn
    ahhlenn's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow, seeing your numbers really inspire me. as you said, let's all get rich this season!

LuckyBeans
    Patience, Patience, Patience
    LuckyBeans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4570

DG - Thanks for the breakdown for the 2009-2010 season. I'll be watching and tailing in 2010-2011, with points your way. Thanks for starting this thread and posting.

Retibol
    Retibol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1001

14 days left! Cant F***ing wait!!

GL this season DG

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ahhlenn View Post
    wow, seeing your numbers really inspire me. as you said, let's all get rich this season!
    Agreed let's do it

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBeans View Post
    DG - Thanks for the breakdown for the 2009-2010 season. I'll be watching and tailing in 2010-2011, with points your way. Thanks for starting this thread and posting.
    Not a problem man. The best part is helping others have success and not just myself

Quote Originally Posted by Retibol View Post
    14 days left! Cant F***ing wait!! GL this season DG
    Me too buddy, those Caps 1st period overs are calling our name.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

What book(s) are you using this season Greener?

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck DG. Hopefully it will be a profitable season for everyone.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    What book(s) are you using this season Greener?
    Pinnacle, Bookmaker and bwin.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    Good luck DG. Hopefully it will be a profitable season for everyone.
    TY sir good luck to you as well this year

trade88
    trade88's Avatar Become A Pro!

DennisGreenBay... why don't you save yourself a lot of time and trouble and hold off on hockey betting until the spring and then fade your Canucks when the going gets tough?

In the meantime you could setup a line of Bure, Ronning and Courtnall for Sega 93 and pretend that your team is good.

Just don't play the Hawks because you know Roenick will own you.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by trade88 View Post
    DennisGreenBay... why don't you save yourself a lot of time and trouble and hold off on hockey betting until the spring and then fade your Canucks when the going gets tough? In the meantime you could setup a line of Bure, Ronning and Courtnall for Sega 93 and pretend that your team is good. Just don't play the Hawks because you know Roenick will own you.
    LOL. Gotta love the cocky Hawks fans now that they finally won a cup. Did you jump on the bandwagon after the 1st or 2nd round? Canucks will definitely go deeper than the Hawks this year trust me bud. I will probably be posting some prop bets for points with Hawksuckers before the season starts. Funny comment on NHL 93 though Bure was unreal in that game, so fast.

PuckOff

Where are you from Greener?

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Where are you from Greener?
    Prince George, BC

PuckOff

how appropriate. Green in BC.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

how appropriate. Green in BC.
    Haha yup in more ways than one
    Points Awarded:

D3 Mighty Ducks

I'm not little b*tch theres money to be made this hockey season and i'm going to need your advice. Heres 6 more... 108 left.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

I'm not little b*tch theres money to be made this hockey season and i'm going to need your advice. Heres 6 more... 108 left.
    10% there sir and earning your way back into my good books

trade88
    trade88's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL. Gotta love the cocky Hawks fans now that they finally won a cup. Did you jump on the bandwagon after the 1st or 2nd round? Canucks will definitely go deeper than the Hawks this year trust me bud. I will probably be posting some prop bets for points with Hawksuckers before the season starts. Funny comment on NHL 93 though Bure was unreal in that game, so fast.
    Fan since Bobby Orr played there.

I've come across a few PG ladies in my day and I have an idea why they call your local junior team the Cougars.

Now get off your computer and stop pretending to know anything about puck and walk outside and plant or hug a tree or something.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by trade88 View Post
    Fan since Bobby Orr played there. I've come across a few PG ladies in my day and I have an idea why they call your local junior team the Cougars. Now get off your computer and stop pretending to know anything about puck and walk outside and plant or hug a tree or something.
    PG is notorious for their cougars, unfortunately most of the bars have been shut here due to crime and gang activity. The main cougar bar was shut down a year or so ago, many milfs and young men shed tears that day. Where are you from?

Types
    Jugs this BIG
    Types's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Good luck this up coming season DG. I also think that Van is a serious contender this year, even though my Kings got spanked by you in the first round.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Types View Post
    Good luck this up coming season DG. I also think that Van is a serious contender this year, even though my Kings got spanked by you in the first round.
    Thanks man. I really think my Nucks are as well as they addressed their main problem in the off-season. GL to your Kings and you guys definitely have a bright future and should be in the post-season again this year.
    Points Awarded:

D3 Mighty Ducks

102 left... Do you want to set up another thread or something so I can pay in there, don't want to jam up your NHL thread for this.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Good luck this year DG. Good luck to everybody. Lets bring home the money!

DennisGreen
    Update your status

102 left... Do you want to set up another thread or something so I can pay in there, don't want to jam up your NHL thread for this.
    Sure man you can set one up and just let me know the link.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by xraygord View Post
    Good luck this year DG. Good luck to everybody. Lets bring home the money!
    Thanks Gord. GL to you this well

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4979

Hey man looks like I'll be following your plays for the first time this season I checked in now and then last season but I will be with you for this season from the beginning. Is 5Dimes a decent book for NHL plays? I never really played NHL there before. GL this season and thanks for everything.

1234 ... Last