figjam
    figjam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Cobra King...im done for the season

I too am calling it quits for the year. Usually this time of the season hasnt been good to me in the past so im going to skip it. Since im up this year, i might as well quit while im ahead.
    Good luck to the rest of the fellow sharpies here.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36705

Figjam.......good season once again. The two years i've been here you have always been a solid capper.

I've noticed other solid cappers in other sports throw in the towel late in the year as well, (Jay Edgar when he used to post hoops last year) as it seems that whatever works during the year doesn't seem quite as effective late in the year. I congratulate guys like LT who can stay so consistent at this time of year when to me the lines seem to get all crazy, and even when you find value with the season winding down, you just don't know what type of effort you are going to get from some of these teams.

j$
    j$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

gl... hope your success continues

figjam
    figjam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cobra: You were on a tear the final 2 months and i applaud you for just hanging it up as its harder to quit when your hot whereas i was up and down for the last 2 months.
    Anyhow I find at this time of year the lines are so heavily favored towards teams in the hunt vs teams out of the playoffs and thus theres not much value out there. As i too prefer dogs, this time of year i cant side with a dog knowing they may tank it to gain a better draft spot.

PS: That san jose thingy is funny! i never knew sj was the capital...i guess he should change his name to mfjtheignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    Figjam.......good season once again. The two years i've been here you have always been a solid capper.

I've noticed other solid cappers in other sports throw in the towel late in the year as well, (Jay Edgar when he used to post hoops last year) as it seems that whatever works during the year doesn't seem quite as effective late in the year. I congratulate guys like LT who can stay so consistent at this time of year when to me the lines seem to get all crazy, and even when you find value with the season winding down, you just don't know what type of effort you are going to get from some of these teams.