lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

The ice conditions in Chicago favor the Hawks

From what i observed in this series so far the ice in philly was much better for tape to tape passing and the flyers seemed to excel at home but the ice in the windy city was horrible in the 2 games there. The flyers game plan there must change to adjust to this huge issue. The ice in chicago is horrible and the Hawks have a huge advantage cause they are used to it. If the Hawks lose the next game they stink with this huge advantage.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Hawks win Game 5 big

GotWood?
    GotWood?'s Avatar Become A Pro!

fly guys will not be denied.

GotWood?
    GotWood?'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Our father who art in Philly, Hockey be thy name. Thy will be done, The cup will be won, On ice as well as in the stands. Give us this day our hockey sticks, And forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who cross-check against us. Lead us not into elimination, But into victory. In the name of the fans, Lord Stanley, and in the name of the FLYERS. Amen

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

No, nobody has a "game plan" to deal with the ice nor do the Blackhawks have an advantage or are used to it. If they had such an advantage then why did they have way more turnovers than the Flyers in game 1? Both these teams have to deal with the conditions and the ice was choppy because we had some very humid days here in Chicago as of late. It was only the first game though where the ice was a issue which produced such a skewed game. To think the Blackhawks have an advantage because of that rubbish. I'm just sayin'.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

The Canadian announcers calling tonights game on CBC were commenting about how bad the ice in Philly was... The pucks were bouncing over sticks left and right. I think the ice is lousy everywhere right now.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

When its 90 degrees outside this stuff happens.

gesiii
    gesiii's Avatar Become A Pro!

really

i dont' think thats the deciding factor

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

should be a good one tomorrow

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Chicago will never have a better chance than this year to win this thing. I thought the stars were aligned for them to win when both Washington and Pittsburgh and New Jersey were all knocked out early. A month ago the only team I feared the Hawks not being able to beat was Vancouver. Little did we know. Now I would give anything if it was the Capitals instead of Flyers they were playing.

One thing for sure if Chicago doesn't come out on Sunday and score early and really take the play to Philly, they are in deep doo doo. The longer Philly hangs around the more dangerous they become. Chicago cannot wait till 8 minutes left to show up. They better be ready with the drop of the puck.

I can't help but get the impression that Toews and company thought the Cup was gonna just be handed to them by showing up.

TT22
    TT22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18038

Blackhawks need to improve to take the cup. They didn't look too good in 2 Philly games.

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

The guy that was the hero last series is the Hawks biggest liability right now. Get Byfuglien off that 1st line..he's ****ing up Kane and Toews.

OTL

Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
    The guy that was the hero last series is the Hawks biggest liability right now. Get Byfuglien off that 1st line..he's ****ing up Kane and Toews.
    Looks like Kane and Toews will be broken up to start game 5, which seemed to be working in the 3rd period of yesterdays game. Get one of them away from Pronger and they will start producing like normal again.

I'd also like to see the Hawks dump the puck into Pronger's corner every time and get licks on him at every opportunity. Make him skate as much as possible and wear him down. They're not doing that right now. The guy in an old slow clod who is at his worst when he has to chase after the puck. It's the little things like this that will take this team to the promised land.

Gokhan
    Gokhan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nj6 View Post
    No, nobody has a "game plan" to deal with the ice nor do the Blackhawks have an advantage or are used to it. If they had such an advantage then why did they have way more turnovers than the Flyers in game 1? Both these teams have to deal with the conditions and the ice was choppy because we had some very humid days here in Chicago as of late. It was only the first game though where the ice was a issue which produced such a skewed game. To think the Blackhawks have an advantage because of that rubbish. I'm just sayin'.
    agreed. i don't think that's an advantage

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

hawks scrambling to adjust lines now that its all tied up, fans calling for Buffs removal, wishing they were playing the Caps instead of the Flyers(), calling for hits on Pronger(you got anyone even close to capable of carrying that out?-if so, i havent seen him yet) etc....im loving it!

cant wait till 8!

PuckCoach
    PuckCoach's Avatar Become A Pro!

Flyers have very good shot at winning game 5. I'm putting my money on them and keeping fingers crossed. I got +180.

lakerboy

When you watch the game tonight tell me this ice isnt affecting the play.

cecil127

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    When you watch the game tonight tell me this ice isnt affecting the play.
    dude, the ice is affecting play at both venues.....its phucking june in the us of a...what do you expect?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    dude, the ice is affecting play at both venues.....its phucking june in the us of a...what do you expect?

Agreed. The ice is worse in the windy city though. The flyers couldnt string 2 passes together there. Even Pronger was talking about it after game 1. Lets see what happens tonight.

cecil127

ur flyers avatar is so much easier on the eyes than the back door rapist.....
    Last edited by cecil127; 06-06-10 at 06:28 PM.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Like OTL and Winnipeg Jets' strategy, whether or not it'll happen...Hawks have lost most of their momentum so the start will be critical I think. Luck gentlemen

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

fkkkk the ice.. talk abt the talents.. damn!

OTL

calling for hits on Pronger(you got anyone even close to capable of carrying that out?-if so, i havent seen him yet) etc....im loving it!
    Buff is bigger and stronger than Pronger, he just needs to start playing like it. But it doesn't really matter if it's the smallest guy on the team getting the hits in or the largest guy, they're going to be cumulative.

cecil127

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Buff is bigger and stronger than Pronger.
    ...and much more quiet

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

...and much more quiet
    How about now?