cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

Most Ridiculous thing ever said by a Hockey Announcer

Last night in the Phoenix/SJ game. Game is in OT, SJ has a 4 on 3 power play. SJ color guy, don't remember his name but he's bald and clearly has lost his brain as well as his hair. He comes up with this gem. He claims that Phoenix should take another penalty on purpose because it will be easier to kill off a 5 on 3 than a 4 on 3!

Where do they find these guys????
    Last edited by cobra_king; 12-21-07 at 02:45 PM.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

did Theisman get a job doing hockey now?

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Hey Cobra, what did the other announcer say in response? I'm guessing he just sat there in stunned silence, no doubt thinking, "You have got to be f***ing kidding me....."

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey C.K.

You're talking about my boys now.
    Ol' Randi, Dan and Drew.
    Drew's last name is Remenda.
    He's the bald headed one, who has never met a microphone he didn't like.
    As a long time Sharks fan, I've learned to use the mute button, occasionally...

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

Sharktank

Ya that's the guy, Drew Remenda. Does he ever stop talking? The nonsense he spews on a regular basis is bad enough but this one took the cake!

Stumpage.......the play by play guy did say he agreed, but i'm not sure he was buying it. He said, "sometimes you have to think outside the box". But i'm sure he meant, or at least hoping he meant. "you have completely lost your mind but i won't make you look like a fool in an OT game".

sharktank1

ck and stump,

I gotta admit sometime it's hard being a Sharks fan, listening to the two of them on TV, just rambling on (and) on (and) on...

Give me a break Drew, you're supposed to be calling the game (correctly I might add), rather than thinking you're getting paid by the number of words you speak.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Always liked your squad, sharktank.....Garpenlov, Makarov and Larionov in the mid-90's. Now that was a line, with Oz, Rathje and Irbe on the backend. I know there's been better Shark squads since then, but that was The Classic 6 man combination.....

sharktank1

Stumpage,

Man o Man those were the days!
    I mean, I couldn't wait to get off work and head to the game.

And nowadays, just watching Coach (with clipboard in hand) scratching out a line change, then scratching out another line change...
    It's frustrating to say the least
    G.L. to ya