JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reasons Why Philadelphia Will Win The Stanley Cup...

Uh.....I honestly cant think of any....................

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

That makes two of us.

BigOrangeTitans
    Go Kill Yourself, Thx Mgmt
    BigOrangeTitans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

i think too many ppl are on the hawks in this series. Gimme pronger and the red hot team. in the nhl upsets happen wayyy more than other playoffs. I got flyers winning game 1

JW Cash

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrangeTitans View Post
    i think too many ppl are on the hawks in this series. Gimme pronger and the red hot team. in the nhl upsets happen wayyy more than other playoffs. I got flyers winning game 1

So you dont classify Chicago as a red hot team after they swept San Jose..

and I would take Byfuglien over Pronger in any game...

sorry I dont see it your way...thats life

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Chicago is just as hot having gone 8-1 in their last 9 games, and the teams they beat to get here were actually good, unlike the opposition the Flyers have faced. Don't know how anyone in their right mind can think these teams are evenly matched.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

It doesnt seem like theyre evenly matched because Phillys had serious injury trouble all year, but theres not this huge talent gap like people seem to think.

Eleven

Much ado about the Byfuglien-Pronger matchup as well. With mostly everyone saying that Byfuglien will win the matchup, but dont bet against Pronger who is not averse to cheap shots and quite masterful at concealing them. Go flyers!

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see the Flyers even making it a series

magynuck
    magynuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3844

I expect a good series.

Grind-It-Out
    Grind-It-Out's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

I think it's very possible that the Flyers win the series, but they would need a ton of things to go right for that to happen. I will not count them out after the playoffs they've had (even if against mediocre opponents). But if both teams play up to their abilities, it should be 4-1 Hawks.

mart59a
    mart59a's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13553

Chicago has more offensive talent and are road warriors.
    No way Philly wins.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I'm thinking Chi overall but probably a seven game series with 1-1 home and away to start the first 4. Definitely a close one as you'd expect but yes, Philly not getting nearly the props they deserve. Cheers

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Only way Philly wins the cup is if its fixed. Other then that, Hawks will crush the Flyers.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

exactly, blackhawks will win this

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

hawks got dis!

Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Chicago is just as hot having gone 8-1 in their last 9 games, and the teams they beat to get here were actually good, unlike the opposition the Flyers have faced. Don't know how anyone in their right mind can think these teams are evenly matched.
    Come on. NJ and Boston are both elite defensive teams, plus Montreal aint too shabby in that department either...Chicago beat Nashville, Vancouver and San Jose; those seem good on paper but lets be honest those 3 teams find ways to lose in the spring. Chicago hasnt faced a mentally tough team like Philly at all. Go Flyers!

snowball22
    snowball22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, Philly lucky streak is over.

Eleven

Hossa = Stanley Cup Kryptonite.

JW Cash

should be an entertaining series to watch..........

OTL

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Come on. NJ and Boston are both elite defensive teams, plus Montreal aint too shabby in that department either...
    Yeah but they had to be, becuase those are 3 of the worst teams in the league in offensive output. The Blackhawks have already beat the team with the stingiest defense in the West, and one of the better goalies in the Preds. So they know how to get around the neutral zone trap and put up goals against teams with tight defensive systems and elite goaltenders. Not that Leighton is an elite goalie or anything with a career GAA over 3.00. Plus the Preds defenceman were young and mobile unlike Pronger and Timmonen. This series has all the makings of the Vancouver one where the blueline is eventually strained beyond the breaking point leaving an average goalie to get ventilated.

Eleven

Yeah but they had to be, becuase those are 3 of the worst teams in the league in offensive output. The Blackhawks have already beat the team with the stingiest defense in the West, and one of the better goalies in the Preds. So they know how to get around the neutral zone trap and put up goals against teams with tight defensive systems and elite goaltenders. Not that Leighton is an elite goalie or anything with a career GAA over 3.00. Plus the Preds defenceman were young and mobile unlike Pronger and Timmonen. This series has all the makings of the Vancouver one where the blueline is eventually strained beyond the breaking point leaving an average goalie to get ventilated.
    Fair points...Both goalies cancel out IMO Niemi is young and is just as likely to get rattled... None of those teams that Chicago has faced had any balanced offense; basically 1 line teams.

Lou99
    Lou99's Avatar Become A Pro!

4-2 chicago series win and not all that close

Fastwrx9
    Fastwrx9's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets go Flyers if they win game one it is a wrap!!!!!

JW Cash

Still cant think of a reason why Philadelphia will win this Stanley Cup...

OTL

Quote Originally Posted by JW Cash View Post
    Nope me neither. Philly couldn't beat the Hawks tonight even with Niemi at his worst. Just watch what happens when he bounces back with a strong outing in game 2.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

Nope me neither. Philly couldn't beat the Hawks tonight even with Niemi at his worst. Just watch what happens when he bounces back with a strong outing in game 2.
    this game reminded me EXACTLY of what happened in game 1 vs the canucks, we just didn't show up with fundamentals and crisp play though this time we were able to own those shit goalies and drop a 6 spot LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

-niemi AWFUL until the third period then went into shutdown mode like he's done all year
    -our passing,TO's in our zone and overall sloppy play were way too common and awful and led to a few easy
    goals
    -the flyers dominated the power play (though the hawks musta got ****ed over ATLEAST like 3 times with missed
    hooks and a a couple trips)
    -they held the big dawgs in check (toews/kane/big buff/hossa)
    -finally showed that philly was living with amazing goalie play when both boucher/leighton BLOW THE BIG ONE

hopefully all of those scumbags from philly will open their eyes now and see what a REAL hockey team is....i was taking the hawks in 6, i think it can even get down to 5 now....

i was praying though for a BIG BUFF game winner though LOLOL, cause that woulda really broke their heart...maybe that will occur monday nite cause i wana throw my hawks playoff towel onto the ice again lol

HOLLY26
    HOLLY26's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont think your thinking straight

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

you must not of been watching the NHL playoffs this year then.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

what tard flyer fan wants the bet???? if you are all so confident then back it up...

i'll bet ANYONE 100 points that the hawks win the cup....who wants the flyers???

i tried this before the series and eveyrone pussed out too....back it up finally philly boys

Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    what tard flyer fan wants the bet???? if you are all so confident then back it up...

i'll bet ANYONE 100 points that the hawks win the cup....who wants the flyers???

i tried this before the series and eveyrone pussed out too....back it up finally philly boys
    I made the bet with someone else on this forum...Cant bring myself to bet with a man that writes LOLOLOLOLOLOL

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

ya think maybe that fat phuck could possibly keep his mask on tomorrow night? not to mention the obvious whistle at the most opportune point, i then gotta look at that pumpkin sized head reminds me of "ol' one ball":
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-08-15 at 12:56 PM. Reason: image does not exist

JW Cash

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    you must not of been watching the NHL playoffs this year then.

Been watching the playoffs....pretty entertaining...

Actually....Philadelphia should be banned from the Finals due
    to how they got in the playoffs...last game of season...in shootout

should be some type of filter for that..

their spot should go to Presidents Cup winner....Washington....

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    I made the bet with someone else on this forum...Cant bring myself to bet with a man that writes LOLOLOLOLOLOL

nchi
    nchi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

So you dont classify Chicago as a red hot team after they swept San Jose..

and I would take Byfuglien over Pronger in any game...

sorry I dont see it your way...thats life
    Really? Pronger has been really good for a long time and brings a competitive edge to all the teams he plays for! Not to mention he's won everything there is to win. Dustin Byfuglien is a great player and really come into his own these playoffs. He's proven to be a much better forward than he was a defenseman. However, he has a while to go before he gets anywhere near Pronger no matter what position.

magynuck
    magynuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3844

game 2...will goaltenders show up?

12 Last