bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bad news for the Leafs

I guess that injury he had in the summer was much worse than they were reporting, because Darcy Tucker is out for the Maple Leafs indefinitely with ligament damage in his right knee.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

It makes little difference, this is a bad team and things will have to get worse before they get better.

I'm still pissed at them for losing to Buffalo in Buffalo last season when they were +185 dogs and I had over a dime on them. They were winning 4-1 with less than 10 mins to go in the third period and allowed 4 straight goals to lose in regulation.

Their last three games this season have seen them blow 2 goal leads to lose the game.

The Leafs are a dysfunctional organization, its the old boys club running the show and Leaf fans are long suffering because of it.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

the leafs beat atlanta tomorrow...don't you think??

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

The Leafs are are not run like a hockey club; they've become an entertainment corporation, that enjoys a soft corporate-style fan base that buys tickets win or lose. There's no fan pressure on the management to put together a winning team.
    It's sad.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    I do think the Leafs will beat Atlanta, they are using their backup (Atlanta) and have been horrible so far. Usually a trip to Toronto is just the ticket to end a losing streak, however, I don't like Atlanta at all.

I already bet Toronto -1.5 +170

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    I do think the Leafs will beat Atlanta, they are using their backup (Atlanta) and have been horrible so far. Usually a trip to Toronto is just the ticket to end a losing streak, however, I don't like Atlanta at all.

Atlanta is awful, I may join you on that bet.

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    The Leafs are are not run like a hockey club; they've become an entertainment corporation, that enjoys a soft corporate-style fan base that buys tickets win or lose. There's no fan pressure on the management to put together a winning team.
    It's sad.
    Not a winning team, a championship team. They are 2 different things. I agree with everything u said.
    Leafs owners are winners cause they're making a shitload of money. Players are getting paid nicely without having to work hard day in and day out. (another winner). And buinesses around the city I'm sure are benefitting from the Leeaf season whether they win or lose. Im sure a big hockey city like toronto has all the bars filled. So the big losers as usual are the fans who shell out their hard earned money to follow a dream that is not as meaningful to the owners, player and business surrounding the city. I mean all three of them will still rake in the huge financial rewards on a sub-average, underachieving, non-contending team. The run for the Cup has always been about heart and who wants to grind it out. The playoffs are essentially for the players . Those that dream of holding the CUP and having their name on it. They make the sacrifices.
    The leafs have some serious problems on defense. Poor backchecking, bad penalty killing ..not to mention a poor powerplay. Did u know they only have 5 PP goals while giving up 14? That' staggering. They also have no identity in goalie. Switching back and forth. Teams like Pitts and Atlanta are in the same boat . Pick a goalie and stick with him.

Good luck betplom on your Puck Line with toronto. Cause as bad as Atlanta is, i could never play the puck line with 2 bad defensive teams. It's like russian roulette.
    All i gotta say is gooooo sharks, keep it in cali baby
    Stanley likes it in the warm weather

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post

nice...I was thinking TOR as well....

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go maple leafs

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    I do like Toronto and am betting just on the moneyline. The goal line is a bit risky because Toronto is not a good defensive team. I also like Anaheim -100 and really like Colorado Avalanche -140. Both Anaheim and Colorado are winless on the road (0-3) and its matter of time they win on the road. Anamheim plays well against St louis while Colorado has enjoyed much success against Edmonton over the years.

RichieRich07
    RichieRich07's Avatar Become A Pro!

The total is posted on some sights at 7. To me that is tempting to take the under. But not to sure if the goalies can help me or not. Any opions on that????

The Baron
    The Baron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1179

Atlanta may be terrible, but the leafs arn't exactly good. Atlanta will upset Toronto.

SFink
    SFink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well at least the leafs have Simon Gamache !

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Tucker is a douche.

Unexplained attacks on people I don't know are the best.