BossRoss
    BossRoss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

OT included lines

Alright guys, this will be a stupid question I know, but trying to get into hockey handicapping and want to know how they grade a game in OT/SO, lets say I have an Over 5 and it's 2-2 End of OT and it goes to a shootout, does the winner of the shootout get a goal to make it 3-2 Final and push on the total, or would the total still be 4 and Over 5 loses??? I think i know but just want to make sure and was hoping one of you hockey capping vets can fill my dumb-ass in!!!

Thanks Guys and GOOD LUCK!!!

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Totals are final after ot and shootout BossRoss.
    So that 5 OVER the moment it goes into ot tied at 2-2, u have a push on that ticket cause someone has to win...either in ot or shootout.
    On a side note....dont know if u have noticed but the Puck line have produced some massive winners thus far:

Thursday
    TB -1.5/ +215 >>>>3-1 over nj
    Nashville -1.5/ +225>>>>4-0 over Colorado

Friday
    Carolina -1.5/ +220>>>> 4-1 over Pitts
    Dal -1.5/ +165>>>>4-1 over Boston

Saturday
    Ottawa -1.5/ +205>>>>2-0 over NYR
    Wash -1.5/ +200>>>> 2-0 over Carolina
    TB -1.5/ +205>>>>5-2 over Atl
    Edm -1.5/ +250>>>>5-3 over Phili
    Nash -1.5/ +200>>>>5-1 over Dallas

Sunday
    Colorado -1.5/ +230>>>>6-2 over SJ

Tb and Nashville strong defense has given some very good plays on the puck line. Mason playing impressive , vokoun??? vokoun who? Holmqvist just as good.
    GL on the pond play this year BossRoss. U had a great year in BB, pucks are different. Less inconsistent I believe

BossRoss
    BossRoss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Right On...THANKS MAN!!! I'll take a look at those puck lines more closely(I usually just like to pick the winner SU) but that might be a good way for me to get better, by noticing the teams who win/lose in mismatches(2 or more goals)

GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!!!!

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I always pay attention to the puck lines BossRoss, just like i do with the Run Lines in baseball. I was incorporating a new strategy late in the season in baseball regarding the run lines. Something I didnt notice in the early goings. Had a pretty good winning percentage since i started recording and noticing some things the last month or so. We'll see how it works for the whole season next year. Maybe it's just more consistent after the All-Star Break, but who knows. Good goaltending and defense are the obvious things u need to look for with regards to taking the puck lines. But yea look for those mismatches. Respect the Totals too with regards to capping the puck lines. A certain market affects all markets that are given