bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heres your shot at beating the Sens Leafs fans

The Senators goalie will not start in Wednesday's season opener vs. the rival Toronto Maple Leafs as he recovers from offseason wrist surgery. Martin Gerber will make the start for Ottawa.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

I think Gerber is actually a better goalie than Emery. I seriously believe that. No matter what The Snes have way too much firepower and a really decent D to walk over my Buds. I'm taking Ottawa.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

I remember last year when Toronto lost at home to Ottawa the first time they played, thinking it would be a similar result the next game in Ottawa, I pounded the Sens, who came out flat, Leafs won 6-1 or something like that.

It's a new season, and at this stage it would be hard to make an argument for Toronto as the better team but early on its better to watch a game or two before jumping on a particular Leafs/Sens game in the season. The rivalry cannot be ignored, and the fact Ottawa dominates the Leafs in regular season (in recent history anyways) isn't lost on me. If I were going by last season I'd take Ottawa, but this is not last year and I will likely not bet the game.

I agree, Gerber is very good.

DoctorX79
    DoctorX79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

I really think Emery is better and still a raising star in the NHL..But Gerber wants to prove that he have his place and could do very well against the leafs.Raycroft isnt that solid and will not be able to stop the sens offenssive machine!!
    Ottawa will win by 2 goals!

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

5-2 Ottawa. My Buds just can't match Ottawa's firepower.