bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kings waive goaltender Dan Cloutier

This guy actually made me some nice coin last year. So needless to say I'm really sad to see him go.

Cloutier, a disappointment in L.A., waived by Kings

The Los Angeles Kings placed goaltender Dan Cloutier on waivers Friday, TSN of Canada reported.

Cloutier, whom the Kings acquired in a trade with Vancouver in 2006, was hampered by a hip injury in L.A. and failed to live up to expectations. He finished the 2006-07 season with a 6-14-2 record and a .860 save percentage, as Mathieu Garon and Sean Burke split the remaining games in goal.

In 343 career games over nine seasons with the New York Rangers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Vancouver Canucks and the Kings, Cloutier has a record of 137-138-33 with 2 shutout losses, a 2.75 goals against average and a career .899 save percentage. His best season was 2003-04 with the Canucks, when he went 33-21-6 with a 2.27 GAA and a .914 save percentage.

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

That is a sad fall from grace. I went to high school with him, he was a couple grades above me. I also did a bit of work for him in the early summer in the office I work in. Real nice guy. Had a really nice OHL career with the Soo Greyhounds.

It all comes back to that one softie he let in against Detroit. Vancouver was 2-0 in the series and leading the game I believe, and that softie turned everything around. He hasn't bee the same since.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Somebody might pick'um up though Icemantbi.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

This is a salary cap issue. He'll be back as a backup somewhere.