PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Will Ovechkin get suspended

I just saw the hit and it's identical to the Lapierre hit on Nichol. Lapierre got 4 games as he is a repeat offender.

We all know that Ovechkin is a borderline dirty player and is also a repeat offender.

How many games will Ovechkin be suspended for?

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

probably 2

Toronto Fc
    Toronto Fc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

He should get 5 games minimum imho. Love watching the guy play but he is a dirtbag and this isn't his first offense. There was no need for that hit and I can only imagine what would happen if another repeat offender in the NHL did that to him. Love the excuse that Washington has decided to go with as well "he didn't hit him that hard", classy.

Take his name out of it and any other guy is looking more then 5 games so that should be the minimum.

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

is say he gets the 4 games that Lapierre got.... i think there going to try to throw the book at OV and the media is going to hassle him just like they did with the knee on knee earlier in the year...

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

0. he's a star-the NHL treats these guys differently.

same reason why there's never any diving calls made against Crosby...

PuckOff

I wouldn't exact;y say that the refs turn a blind eye to Crosby when it comes to dives. HE does get called for these types of penalties, but he is doing it less often for sure.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    HE does get called for these types of penalties, but he is doing it less often for sure.
    check out this acting job from the strongest player on his skates in the league...gets touched by Staal and goes down like he was shot in the side. just 2 weeks ago. no call-except on Staal! lol.

PuckOff

BBB,

Yeah i have to agree on that one, but for the most part he has toned it down.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

He should've gotten suspended longer but since he's one of the best players in the NHL he gets off easy.

Toronto Fc
    Toronto Fc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

Quote Originally Posted by treece View Post
    He should've gotten suspended longer but since he's one of the best players in the NHL he gets off easy.

Exactly. That was his 3rd match penalty and second suspension this season. Is there another player in the history of the league that has gotten off so lightly? The guy is a dirt bag and I hope when someone cheap shots him like that and breaks his clavicle the offender only gets 2 games. I think we all know that won't be the case though.

Boudreau went nuts earlier in the year when someone hit Green into the boards and now defends OV's action? Another joke.

The NHL is in a tough spot here, no doubt. Their most exciting player happens to be a dirtbag. Hopefully behind the scenes they are taking some steps to calm him down because if he does it again this season they are going to have to come down hard.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm glad he got suspended, he's lucky he didn't kill that guy.

Irish Lumberjack
    Irish Lumberjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2332

double standards for stars

PuckOff

I've been saying for the last couple seasons that Ovechkin is a borderline dirty player. I guess I was wrong. About the borderline part that is.