consensusontap
    consensusontap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

One thing I usually do is track consensus on where the money can be made in each sport. Always following that advice is another story because if so I would probably be rich by now and trust the advice/numbers. But this tracking will help see where there is potential versus breaking even.
    Based on the top handicappers in past few weeks winning plays have came 64% from hockey sides and only 52% from totals. With that being said right now it easier to earn playing sides (money lines) than totals. Just wanted to share and this can change on average every few weeks.
    Last edited by consensusontap; 02-20-21 at 09:27 AM.

consensusontap

NBA being the worst to play right now as sides and totals are in the low 50 percentile on winning picks sides and totals. So out of some of the best handicappers on average are hitting in this percentile range. Which basically means not much of an edge if you play a lot of NBA much right now
    Last edited by consensusontap; 02-20-21 at 09:29 AM.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10346

When you say following someone or a group you might be rich by now, I realize you are just trying to make a point.

The so called experts can run at 64 % for a short time maybe. By the end of the season, they are all under the 54 % range. If you gave me your money, (just saying) I'll be happy to pick teams and bet 7 or 8 games a day or more... What do I have to lose. When you yourself punch those buttons and take the cash out of your pocket, it doe's not become so easy to make that 'easy' money...

We all have hot streaks and cold streaks. I would never count on someone else to use my money for their gambling picks.. You ask any professional handicapper, and they will assure you, they can beat any sport.. Yet, most of them are trying to sell their picks to pick up their own slack.. JMO..

Win or lose. Only one thing comforts me. That is the loser was of my own choosing and the same goes for the winner. My doing either way.

I understand what you are saying consensus, I'm just not a fan of these 'so called' phony experts... Allot of people like to pat themselves on the back after a few winners. Many of them disappear when the losing streak rears it's ugly head though...

Quick example: after a few wins in previous days, yesterday I did not like anything so did not make a play. I would have lost the Vancouver game anyway. I was not comfortable laying -180 and worse for the other games.. Just saying. If we bet every day, totally guessing without merit, we are going to lose.
    Last edited by slewfan; 02-20-21 at 10:28 AM.

KegKosmo
    KegKosmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1321

Quote Originally Posted by slewfan View Post
    When you say following someone or a group you might be rich by now, I realize you are just trying to make a point.

The so called experts can run at 64 % for a short time maybe. By the end of the season, they are all under the 54 % range. If you gave me your money, (just saying) I'll be happy to pick teams and bet 7 or 8 games a day or more... What do I have to lose. When you yourself punch those buttons and take the cash out of your pocket, it doe's not become so easy to make that 'easy' money...

We all have hot streaks and cold streaks. I would never count on someone else to use my money for their gambling picks.. You ask any professional handicapper, and they will assure you, they can beat any sport.. Yet, most of them are trying to sell their picks to pick up their own slack.. JMO..

Win or lose. Only one thing comforts me. That is the loser was of my own choosing and the same goes for the winner. My doing either way.

I understand what you are saying consensus, I'm just not a fan of these 'so called' phony experts... Allot of people like to pat themselves on the back after a few winners. Many of them disappear when the losing streak rears it's ugly head though...

Quick example: after a few wins in previous days, yesterday I did not like anything so did not make a play. I would have lost the Vancouver game anyway. I was not comfortable laying -180 and worse for the other games.. Just saying. If we bet every day, totally guessing without merit, we are going to lose.
    Very very well said Slew!

consensusontap

Slew you are totally correct and trust me I DON’T endorse or even follow handicappers, I do look back at results and form a consensus. Your point is true in the fact that even when I see these numbers low I do see even posters in the forums killing it and hitting 65 to 70 percent.
    I appreciate the feedback and it was only to make a point and trying to more less contribute and start a discussion topic so thank you for reply.
    We both know any game can be called by the flip of a coin and even seen a college roommate go on a 8 game streak doing this (true story).
    Also know how lines can be soft or hard week in and week out sucking people in only to give it all back after feeling like the gambling guru.
    Last edited by consensusontap; 02-20-21 at 12:47 PM.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10346

Quote Originally Posted by consensusontap View Post
    Slew you are totally correct and trust me I DON’T endorse or even follow handicappers, I do look back at results and form a consensus. Your point is true in the fact that even when I see these numbers low I do see even posters in the forums killing it and hitting 65 to 70 percent.
    I appreciate the feedback and it was only to make a point and trying to more less contribute and start a discussion topic so thank you for reply.
    We both know any game can be called by the flip of a coin and even seen a college roommate go on a 8 game streak doing this (true story).
    Also know how lines can be soft or hard week in and week out sucking people in only to give it all back after feeling like the gambling guru.
    It is always good to discuss gambling..See it from a different angle, maybe.. Hockey is my favorite with Baseball next..These offer a wide variety and loving the ingame opportunities to bet.. Football ok to a degree. The books making us lay points and money is not my choice though..

Gambling can and is often times humbling... Sometimes I feel so sure about a play only to have it blow up in my face. On the same token, I may see a game, with no conviction whatsoever, only a feeling, and that will be my winner..

I love parlays... Now though, I try to pick one game as my best and play it separately.. Still may make a parlay or two at any given time. Using my main team in one of the others while leaving it out of the next..This way, if it does lose, at least I’m still in action...

Thank you for the post and the discussion.

grey area
    grey area's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1622

Won on early play Wings so passed on the rest of my list of possible Sj La Mtl Nas