odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Odds to win the West question

I know the Preds are really good, but I have to feel there is value on one or both of these:

Wild +1400
    Avs. +1300

If you had to put a couple hundo down on one of them which would you pick?

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

this means they have to be the team that advances to the Stanley Cup from the Western Conference. Think about what they'd have to get thru to make that happen.

Zero chance for either team, is my opinion

If you must take one, I'd say Minnesota

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

I know Pecker Rinne won a trophy but I'm not sold on him. I like both your choices for small.
    GL

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    this means they have to be the team that advances to the Stanley Cup from the Western Conference. Think about what they'd have to get thru to make that happen.

Zero chance for either team, is my opinion

If you must take one, I'd say Minnesota
    You would have said same thing for the last three West conference winners at this time in the season.

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

Good bets for the west:

Preds + Sharks (division winners): @5.80

Also taking Jets + Sharks + Tampa (division winners) @26.32

Jets (conference winners) each-way : @5.50 - Solid playoff team now, will pick up steam as season progresses. Will take out the preds again.

Calgary is undervalued right now. Not sure how they'll perform in the playoffs, but I could see them taking the division.

Decent likelihood, worth one unit:

Preds + Tampa + Sharks (division winners) + Golden state (NBA) + Djokovic (Wimbledon) + Nadal (R-G):

@ 152.54

(What do you have to lose? Think of how many units you lost today alone!)
    Last edited by sunshineSpecial; 11-19-18 at 07:47 PM.

hotcross

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    You would have said same thing for the last three West conference winners at this time in the season.
    you either didn't ask last 3 years, or I didn't see it....so let's keep track from here on. You asked the question, I gave my opinion...Avs or Wild this year to win the West = waste of money.

Matter of fact, someone here last year announced they were taking the Kings to win the West, and I gave some reasons why it was a waste. I guess for me it's a lot easier to say for sure which teams won't win in a given year, vs. predicting the eventual winner.

In that post, I stated that Vegas would be a force the rest of the year last season and the OP came back in to reply he disagreed about Vegas. I didn't have them winning the West but stated they'd be a force into the playoffs.
    Last edited by hotcross; 11-20-18 at 12:03 AM.

hotcross

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    I know the Preds are really good, but I have to feel there is value on one or both of these:

Wild +1400
    Avs. +1300

If you had to put a couple hundo down on one of them which would you pick?

Avalanche still alive and looked good in Round 1

hotcross

Nathan MacKinnon of Colorado had a serious injury to his shoulder falling into the boards during the game 7 loss to San Jose. He returned into the game as soon as possible, but was a serious tear and/or dislocation.

And a controversial overturned disallowed goal for Colorado was wiped out on an offsides challenge, when Landeskog was not quite off the ice for a line-change during the second period....the bench door was on the attacking zone that period.