Nick_U
    Nick_U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

LA Kings to Win Western Conference

LA Kings +1400 to go to the cup finals. I think there is a lot of value here guys. They have been in a big slump recently and that is why the price has gotten so good. But I really think they start off hot after the break and at least make the playoffs. Now they will probably not have home ice advantage at all in the playoffs, but their road record is 14-9, and it was much better before the skid. I really think they are the team that started off the year so well and not the team they have been currently and thus there is value here. Plus, we know how in recent years when they are a high seed they have gone on some runs and won cups. Quick has been pretty shaky the last ten games, but that will change in the playoffs and their defensive playing style is perfect for playoff hockey. What do you guys think? Im laying it down now, as I think the break will be a good reset for this team and they will be quickly back in a playoff spot. Cheers Men

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15217

Nah dude

May miss playoffs entirely

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

what do I think? Kings are dead money to win the West for several reasons. 2 main things -

1. Look at some of the competition. You mention Jonathan Quick and he is really not playing well, compared to other teams with fantastic netminders who ARE on their best games. Vegas is going to be a force, Fleury is playing great in net. Then you got 3 legit teams in the Central - Winnipeg is legit and Hellebuyck is dominant in net. Nashville is tough and Rinne also been superb trending up with his goalkeeping. St.Louis another tough draw. Honorable mention to Dallas with Ben Bishop but I don't trust that team.

2. Kings are giving some younger and inexperienced players ice time which will help them in the future, but makes it tougher to win this year. Also when Jeff Carter and Jake Muzzin got injured, that hurt big time and was the key factor in the team's slump. Muzzin is back, Carter is getting close, but can they remain healthy? Other big names like Kopitar and Brown just to name two are still not looking their best in my opinion and whether it's because suffering from long-term fatigue after the many long seasons competing for the Cup, or perhaps they're just not quite as hungry anymore.
    Last edited by hotcross; 01-28-18 at 10:04 AM.

Nick_U
    Nick_U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    what do I think? Kings are dead money to win the West for several reasons. 2 main things -

1. Look at some of the competition. You mention Jonathan Quick and he is really not playing well, compared to other teams with fantastic netminders who ARE on their best games. Vegas is going to be a force, Fleury is playing great in net. Then you got 3 legit teams in the Central - Winnipeg is legit and Hellebuyck is dominant in net. Nashville is tough and Rinne also been superb trending up with his goalkeeping. St.Louis another tough draw. Honorable mention to Dallas with Ben Bishop but I don't trust that team.

2. Kings are giving some younger and inexperienced players ice time which will help them in the future, but makes it tougher to win this year. Also when Jeff Carter and Jake Muzzin got injured, that hurt big time and was the key factor in the team's slump. Muzzin is back, Carter is getting close, but can they remain healthy? Other big names like Kopitar and Brown just to name two are still not looking their best in my opinion and whether it's because suffering from long-term fatigue after the many long seasons competing for the Cup, or perhaps they're just not quite as hungry anymore.
    Good points crosser,
    I do not feel like the Vegas knights will be a playoff force. Their run and gun offense will fail and they will lose in the second round latest IMO. The only teams I am worried about are the blues and preds. But what Im saying is, the kings are on a low right now and their odds are indicative of that. They WILL make the playoffs, and as we know from there on its anyones game. Based on the Kings teams of the past which are very very similar to the one today (I do agree about the younger guys getting a shot), they play a perfect playoff style and at +1400 to me that is worth the gamble.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

well you're probably right about good timing for the best odds if you like value. But still doubt they can realistically win the West.

Also don't sleep on Winnipeg. Hellebuyck is playing out of his mind. Goal scorers they have are for real. Their weakness is playoff inexperience.