stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Value City - the Devils -1.5 (+195) host the Flyers tonight

Howdy fellas. I Hope everyone has been well. Haven't had time to blog much lately with work and the back to back blizzards hitting the Burgh, but I see tremendous value in this play tonight.

As we know we were en fuego in the month of January in Hockey. We rode the Caps, who are still streaking, to several sexy 1.5 goal lines. I wouldn't touch them in Montreal tonight however. As strange as it is looking at Montreal's lineup they have shown a propensity to play with any team in the league and could very well beat the Caps tonight; I wouldn't bet on that though.

Tonight's play comes to you from the Blizzard of Newark, New Jersey as the Devils play host to the Flyers at the Prudential Center.

Ok I'll acknowledge the first thing a lot of you sharps will think when analyzing this play, and while we will get into factors that outweigh it it is true that the Devils are a lacluster 3-6-1 in their last 10 games while the Flyers have been treading water at 6-4-0.

First off, the most glaring stat in our favor - the Devils are a stout 19-9-0 at home while the Flyers get cold when they hit the road at 12-14-1. Now Philly to Newark is a very short trip for the Bullies, but with the blizzard conditions out there I will guarantee you it is anything but simple.

As some of you know I am an advid Philly fan. Where as I am thrilled - not just satisfied but absolutely thrilled with what Michael Leighton has done since Philly picked him up from the unemployed, I also understand that he lacks the over the top talent of a top teir goaltender. He also has been playing a tremendous amount of games with Emery and Boucher constantly injured. He's going to lay some stinkers here and there.

Question for you. Do you believe that hockey is an emotional sport? Do you believe that hockey players rally around their teammates more than in other sports? If you do at all, take a look at the video below, if you haven't already seen it. Jeff Carter lays Annsi Salmela out immediatly after Salmela tickles the twine in a hit that Carter will likely be suspended for, even though it is mostly technically legal though. He pretty much takes his head off and you can bet that the Devils have been stewing on this one since.

One thing I also notice about the Flyers this year is some nights they just go dead on the road. Even after they have started to play better, this is still the case. In fact 2 of the last 3 games this has been the case as on Feb. 3rd they laid a stinker on the road against a horrible Edmonton team getting shutout 1-0 and on Feb. 6 they came out and lost 2-1 to a bad Minnesota team.

Look for the Devils to come out angry tonight (if this game goes, which it might not because of the blizzard). Look for it to be an ugly one with many penalties. Look for the Flyer's offense to remain stagnant on the road as the Devils come away with a 3-1 victory.

Let's take Jersey for 10 units, give the 1.5 goals at a sexy +195 price.

As always best of luck tonight fellas, take it down.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Jeff Carter lays Annsi Salmela out immediatly after Salmela tickles the twine in a hit that Carter will likely be suspended for, even though it is mostly technically legal though. He pretty much takes his head off and you can bet that the Devils have been stewing on this one since.
    legal and necessary hit. even Lemaire (Devils coach) has been quoted multiple times saying the hit wasn't dirty.

there will be no suspension-that's just a good clean hockey hit.

on topic; I don't know if I would lay the 1.5 tonight. Devils ML, yup.