YTD 26-22 +11.50u
NHL 12-11 (+6.00u)
NBA 10-8 (+5.35u)
NFL 4-3 (+0.15u)

Disappointing game from New Jersey last night. It was a low scoring game, as expected... Makes me wish I would integrate totals in my plays more often. For that reason, we've got a total today!

Florida Panthers vs. Anaheim Ducks // Feb 17

Sunshine showdown

The Florida Panthers (25-20-10) travel from their sunshine state to visit another on Friday night on pursuit of their playoff push. The Anaheim Ducks (30-18-10) return from a six-game road trip to host the Panthers.

Clawing their way back

The Panthers are a part of five teams that are vying for the final Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference. The Toronto Maple Leafs currently hold the final playoff spot, but there are four teams behind them by three points or less.

The Panthers have been playing well and are 5-1 in their last six games. They continue their western road trip having won their first two games against the Nashville Predators and the San Jose Sharks. For a team that has had trouble scoring—24th in the league with 2.5 goals per game—they sure haven't had trouble lately. In the past three games the Panthers have scored 16 goals. A big reason why has been the return of Jonathan Huberdeau and Aleksander Barkov. With a team that is mostly healthy, the Panthers could be the team to make a late postseason push.

Mighty season for the Ducks

The Ducks are sitting pretty in the Pacific Division. Four points behind the first-place San Jose Sharks and tied with the Edmonton Oilers with 70 points, the three will be jockeying for position heading for the rest of the season. The next closest team is eight points away, and unless they utterly collapse, the Ducks should be preparing for another postseason trip.

The Ducks are 12-6-2 in their last 20 games and have dominated at home. They are 17-6-3 on the season in Anaheim and are 6-2-1 in their last nine. A big plus for the Ducks this season has been their defence. They are 6th in the league in goals against per games (2.5) and that is easily the biggest mismatch against the Panthers’ 24th ranked offence.

The Final Breakdown

The total still sits at 5, I think that total could potentially be eclipsed by 2-3 goals with the way I have this game capped. I see a 4-3 / 5-2 type score. Love the over here, take it before it changes to 5.5! I locked it in at -135, but I see some books have it at -150. That line might change to 5.5 (+100) pretty soon. Lock it in ASAP.

Florida/Anaheim O5 (-135) 2u