ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

Oilers a -180 favorite

They win 2 games vs even shittier team than they are and all of a sudden they are a -180 favorite. Yep, Sabres are dealing with injuries, but come on, Oilers a -180 favorite??? They allowed 7 goals in 2 games even though they scored plenty, let's not forget that...

Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave ZdenoK 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Rainmaker222
    When It Rains, It Pours...
    Rainmaker222's Avatar Become A Pro!

i know

ZdenoK

And public loves those -180 odds, jumping all over it

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

The over looks solid too. Neither of these goalies are very good.
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave OTL 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Hard to back Buffalo on the road. Mcdavid is a monster so far, pass for me.

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Game over easy Sabres win only fools lay -180

ZdenoK

Hey, if it worked for Bolts to win after getting scored on from centre ice few days ago, it might also work for Oilers

ZdenoK

-180 backers be like "nooo waiii high stick goaltender interference unfair!!!!"

Let's see if goalie change can help the public

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

gadzooks
    nice to meet yall
    gadzooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

I took Buffalo Sabres at +155 thinking the same thing: Oilers aren't that much better just because they won two games and had some minor trades.

Books finished around +165, and even though Kane and Eichel are out I was thinking this is a pretty good bet! Just so happens they are up 4-2 as of now as well!

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Would they have opened at the same odds if Kane and Eichel wasn't out? I've bet less cause of this. Did the books factor in the missings on Buffalo? Because there was no significant line movement. Starting and closing odds were the same on Pinnacle.

ZdenoK

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Would they have opened at the same odds if Kane and Eichel wasn't out? I've bet less cause of this. Did the books factor in the missings on Buffalo? Because there was no significant line movement. Starting and closing odds were the same on Pinnacle.
    I can only speculate ofcourse, but I think books knew Sabres will win and set up such odds to lure in all the suckers blinded by recent 2 Oilers victories and a couple of players missing for Sabres. You know, a home -180 favorite vs a team with few missing players is a sure bet! So sure you can even pound the -1.5 handicap to get better odds! I don't know, anyone who is following to NHL should know better than trusting Oilers being a -180 favorite. It's freaking Oilers!!! When I saw how much public loaded it, I loved backing up Sabres even more.

gadzooks
    nice to meet yall

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Of course they factored the missings on Buffalo, it wouldn't have been close to -180 / +165 if Buffalo had their whole team.

However I think that not everyone knew O'Rielly and Okposo were back for this game, and I also think people are overestimating the Oilers after their first 2 games against a team that should be pretty strong offensively and defensively on paper.

Wow, 6-2 Buffalo atm

ZdenoK

Game winner:

Points Awarded:

KingHawkins gave ZdenoK 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rainmaker222

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

trap door was open

Rainmaker222
    When It Rains, It Pours...
    Rainmaker222's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ZdenoK View Post
    Game winner:

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47531

nice call

ZdenoK

Alright, I'll just adopt this thread as my "season thread" because I love the title just throwing out some thoughts for tonight:

Avalanche @ Penguins
    This looks like a possible letdown spot for Penguins. They have a good history playing vs Colorado in last season but losing points vs them doesn't matter that much because tomorrow they are playing a game vs Montreal. I'm curious to see who they will put in net tonight - will it be Condon which would mean the priority is tomorrow's game, or will it be Fleury to send a statement to Montreal by facing them with their own goalie who they lost recently when Penguins claimed him off the waivers. Colorado also plays another game tomorrow, vs Capitals and they will go with Varlamov tomorrow, Pickard will start tonight. Varlamov was in net for Colorado's season opener and although the team won, he didn't do really well. He was also drafted by Capitals so it would be similar as for Pens if they start Condon vs Montreal. My guess is Colorado won't win both of these games so if they can surprise Pens tonight, they will lose vs Capitals tomorrow.

Senators @ Red Wings
    Bad start for Detroit. I expected it and I don't think this team will make the playoffs this year and if they will, they will get knocked out in the first round, same as last year. They need a rebuild. Team core got old (or abandoned the ship - Datsyuk went to KHL) and injured, they are left with questionable goaltending and lack of proper defense. Ottawa on the other hand is 2-0 but this is a bit misleading. They are winning with offense while defensively they are still miles away from playoffs style of hockey. Tonight will be first home game of the season for Detroit and at the same time it will be the last season opener in Joe Louis Arena which was home for the team for nearly 40 years as they will get a new arena next year. It is tough to back up Detroit here the way they've been playing but Ottawa is not a great team either and they seem to match well with Red Wings.

It seems like Penguins and Wings will be heavy loaded by public tonight.

NYRin09
    NYRin09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3536

Alright, I'll just adopt this thread as my "season thread" because I love the title just throwing out some thoughts for tonight:

Avalanche @ Penguins
    This looks like a possible letdown spot for Penguins. They have a good history playing vs Colorado in last season but losing points vs them doesn't matter that much because tomorrow they are playing a game vs Montreal. I'm curious to see who they will put in net tonight - will it be Condon which would mean the priority is tomorrow's game, or will it be Fleury to send a statement to Montreal by facing them with their own goalie who they lost recently when Penguins claimed him off the waivers. Colorado also plays another game tomorrow, vs Capitals and they will go with Varlamov tomorrow, Pickard will start tonight. Varlamov was in net for Colorado's season opener and although the team won, he didn't do really well. He was also drafted by Capitals so it would be similar as for Pens if they start Condon vs Montreal. My guess is Colorado won't win both of these games so if they can surprise Pens tonight, they will lose vs Capitals tomorrow.

Senators @ Red Wings
    Bad start for Detroit. I expected it and I don't think this team will make the playoffs this year and if they will, they will get knocked out in the first round, same as last year. They need a rebuild. Team core got old (or abandoned the ship - Datsyuk went to KHL) and injured, they are left with questionable goaltending and lack of proper defense. Ottawa on the other hand is 2-0 but this is a bit misleading. They are winning with offense while defensively they are still miles away from playoffs style of hockey. Tonight will be first home game of the season for Detroit and at the same time it will be the last season opener in Joe Louis Arena which was home for the team for nearly 40 years as they will get a new arena next year. It is tough to back up Detroit here the way they've been playing but Ottawa is not a great team either and they seem to match well with Red Wings.

It seems like Penguins and Wings will be heavy loaded by public tonight.
    Lot of good info, but you seem to give both reasons to take and stay away from all 4 teams. Are there any plays here?

ZdenoK

Quote Originally Posted by NYRin09 View Post
    Lot of good info, but you seem to give both reasons to take and stay away from all 4 teams. Are there any plays here?
    Fleury will start for Pens. While I like Avs to make a possible upset, it's just hard to go against Fleury and Penguins. Colorado is not exactly a good defensive team and Penguins should have no troubles exploiting that with their speed. Pickard might save the day though.

Girardi and Klein are out for Rangers and Raanta will start in net. Sharks are one of the best road teams in the league so there is some value in San Jose.

It should be an emotional night for Detroit but right now these two teams just seem too random to me to know what to expect from them. Hammond in net for Ottawa, sack of potatoes #1 aka Mrazek for Detroit.

Bruins vs Jets is pretty much a coin flip at this point.

No plays for me tonight.
    Points Awarded:

NYRin09 gave ZdenoK 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ZdenoK

So, why are Capitals a -196 favorite? Yeah, yeah, Avs played last night and I said I believe they will not win both games but I've watched them play vs Pens and they are playing some good hockey with fast transitioning and aggressive forecheck. If they can tighten their D, they should be solid. Varly in net is former Capitals draft pick, probably a high motivation factor and Capitals won't even start Holtby tonight, that's how much respect they give to Avs playing b2b... 2 players scoring for Caps so far in 2 games - Burakovsky and Winnik. The fearful first line has zero points, powerplay is oh in something... it's bound to turn around at some point but they are overpriced here. The question is can Colorado make an upset for the second night in the row? I was right about it last night, so I'm a bit hesitant right now.

ZdenoK

So, why are Capitals a -196 favorite? Yeah, yeah, Avs played last night and I said I believe they will not win both games but I've watched them play vs Pens and they are playing some good hockey with fast transitioning and aggressive forecheck. If they can tighten their D, they should be solid. Varly in net is former Capitals draft pick, probably a high motivation factor and Capitals won't even start Holtby tonight, that's how much respect they give to Avs playing b2b... 2 players scoring for Caps so far in 2 games - Burakovsky and Winnik. The fearful first line has zero points, powerplay is oh in something... it's bound to turn around at some point but they are overpriced here. The question is can Colorado make an upset for the second night in the row? I was right about it last night, so I'm a bit hesitant right now.
    Smaller play on Avs +1.5. They should be motivated to keep the undefeated record with new coach while this game doesn't mean much for Caps and starting Grubauer shows how much penetrate they give about it. It should at least be a close game so if Caps grind the win in the end, Avs should stay close.

ZdenoK

Smaller play on Avs +1.5. They should be motivated to keep the undefeated record with new coach while this game doesn't mean much for Caps and starting Grubauer shows how much penetrate they give about it. It should at least be a close game so if Caps grind the win in the end, Avs should stay close.
    Looks like they ran out of gas

gadzooks
    nice to meet yall

StL Blues at -120 against Oilers atm. I think they'll bounce back after their first OTL in Vancouver.

Oilers still seem overestimated, do you think it's a good pick?

ZdenoK

Quote Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
    StL Blues at -120 against Oilers atm. I think they'll bounce back after their first OTL in Vancouver.

Oilers still seem overestimated, do you think it's a good pick?
    Blues have a couple of injuries but the way Oilers are playing their defense they should be no match for Blues. I'm curious to see what Yakupov can show. Definitely too good odds for Blues so either they are trying to lure people to bet on them or they are trying to get people to bet on Oilers by not setting them as huge underdog.

ZdenoK

Letang is out for Penguins, Sharks should be angry about last year so they will come out blazing tonight. Not many times we see Penguins being underdog at home but Sharks have advantage here.

ZdenoK

Rangers are a -333 favorite. What. The. penetrate. It's a professional league where any team can beat any other team, especially in a regular season. Yup, Canucks are in a blackhole gravitating towards deep bottom and they played yesterday, Rangers are heading in the opposite direction, supposely being "the hottest" team at the moment but come on, a -333 favorite!?

ZdenoK

Only fools would lay -333 on a team during regular season.