ochenta y cinco
    ochenta y cinco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Savard's return to the Bruins lineup

Boston's top offensive producer and slick playmaker Marc Savard is expected to make his way back into the Bruins' lineup on Friday when they face the Buffalo Sabres at the HSBC Arena. Savard had 9 goals and 13 assists for 22 pts in 28 games before being sidelined because of a knee injury. Grinder Steve Bégin will also be making a return on BOS's 4th line. He's a guy who brings tons of energy, I know this very well as a MTL fan.

At any rate, I'm wondering if Savard's return to game shape by itself can give the Bruins new life and make them play to their full potential, that of a top-5 team in the East that wins low-scoring games playing under Claude Julien's defensive-minded coaching style.

Personally, I'm thinking that they'll be missing Patrice Bergeron more than they were missing Savard, since he's their top two-way forward, a guy that Julien plays in all situations. Going with that logic, I'm guessing that Boston's struggles to win hockey games will continue as they head in Buffalo on Friday. Sabres loving playing at home on Fridays, and they're 7-1-1 this season in Friday night home games -- although you have to take into account that 3 of those wins came to the Maple Laffs. Also, the OT loss happens to be to those Boston Bruins (2-1), but that was on Nov. 20, and a lot of hockey has been played since then. This isn't the same Boston team that will jumping on the ice on Friday.

All in all, I don't expect Savard's return to the B's lineup to be a determining the factor in the outcome of tonight's game. The moneyline on BUF is looking decent at best (-151), but the -1.5 play is enticing (+203). Defensively, the Bruins are playing really bad. Tim Thomas is also looking shaky, so let's hope that Julien gives him the start. Goals are hard to come by too, as they've only scored 4 goals in a game once since the New Year. More importantly, they have scored either 1 or 2 goals in 7 of their past 9 games. A 3-1, 4-1 or 4-2 win for the Sabres is definetely the type of scenario I can see happening.

BUF -1.5 (+203) seems like the play guys!

Any thoughts?

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

savard is one of the best play makers i have seen , the ability to control the puck and keep defenders away until someone is open for a shot is amazing, but buffalo is playing like they did 3 years ago , their goalie isn't having any let downs, and they are getting production from vanek, stafford, gaustad, roy.

I have to agree with you on the pick

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    savard is one of the best play makers i have seen , the ability to control the puck and keep defenders away until someone is open for a shot is amazing, but buffalo is playing like they did 3 years ago , their goalie isn't having any let downs, and they are getting production from vanek, stafford, gaustad, roy.

I have to agree with you on the pick
    Agreed...Buff is hot right now..

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston wins this game 3-1

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Savard will provide a huge boost to the Bruins lineup tonight as he makes everyone around him better. The Bruins live or die with his production.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

we missed it by one , is just me or there seems to alot less empty net goals this year , i remember so many times in the past a game like this would come through with a speedy team like buffalo putting one in the empty, so many one goal regulation games, i am going to check to see if i can find some data on that

minly89
    minly89's Avatar Become A Pro!

only time I bet on -1.5 is when Washington or Chicago or Flyers playing. Rest is -0.5 or moneyline