POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Why are the Kings playing at home?

There are eight playoff teams in the west. Four of them have better records than the Kings. That would make the Kings the five seed. How are they hosting a playoff series in the first round? Why are the Blackhawks, who have a better record than the Kings, playing as a road team in the first round? What am I missing.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Because they seed them based on division standings...

gdon44
    gdon44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8959

NHL switched to divisional playoffs. Top 3 from each division then 2 wild cards (NSH, Min in west, NYI, Phi in east).

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Points for losing in overtime. Multiple tiny all star teams. Three on three overtimes. Creative playoff seeding. Horrible television contract. What the hell is happening to the the nhl. This is absurd.

McDabs
    McDabs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Points for losing in overtime. Multiple tiny all star teams. Three on three overtimes. Creative playoff seeding. Horrible television contract. What the hell is happening to the the nhl. This is absurd.
    NHL is awesome right now

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Wait for the goalie equipment change next year

gdon44
    gdon44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8959

It's going regional. It knows it's not getting any big national tv deal so set up parity and make divisional rivalries more important. It'll try to get several smaller regional deals rather than 1 big national one. Agree or disagree I don't know if it's the right path but that's where it's going.

As for All star game.....all pro all star games are a joke and the game itself is not worth the time. At least the NHL accepted it and made it fun. Almost made me watch this year. I didn't but, you know, I was close.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by McDabs View Post
    NHL is awesome right now
    Terrible.

No scoring, no fighting, no hitting garbage league.
    Unwatchable.

Early 90s and mid 2000's was the best..

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

The 3 v 3 overtime was the best thing hockey has done in a while. The rest is garbage