Vapas
    Vapas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Friday NHL Picks - With Reasoning!

Hello All,

2015-16 NHL Season Record: 31-37 (All Underdog Wagers), Avg ML +134, 6.7% Return on Total Money Placed at Risk.

Friday:

New Jersey +108
    Buffalo +131

The Islanders head across the river, making a quick turnaround after losing in overtime to the Caps last night. This is game 1 of a 7 game road trip that takes them all the way to Vancouver and back. Though they have a season PP/PK rating 6% above league median on the season, Halak gets the start: a goalie that has gone 1-4 over his last 5 starts and posted a 4.26 GAA average; not so sweet. Besides the BTB game aspect, I'm going with the Devils for a couple reasons. Though Cammalleri continues to be out and Gionta is questionable, I see the Devils as fighting hard for that Wild Card playoff spot, being only 1 pt back. They give up the fewest goals in the league, have a top tier goalie (.928 Sv%, 2.05 GAA) and have improved on their already 3.3% above median PP/PK rating in February to the tune of a whopping 22%. Their powerplay is scoring 37% of the time this month, while they kill almost 90%. Put that together with the Isles being outscored 27-15 and going 2-5 on the road in 2016, I like the underdog value with the Devils.

The Sabres head into Columbus on the back half of a two game road trip, before heading home to play the Penguins on Sunday. This team has been cold on the road lately, but is still playing tough most nights. Evander Kane brings his 16 season goals back after missing a game due to partying too hard. Buffalo holds an above median PP/PK rating for the season, while dipping a nominal amount in February, though the 11.5% powerplay is rough house. The Blue Jackets are worse. They have posted a few points lately, but are trending down 14.5% in PP/PK rating this month, from an already bad rating below median. They have a bad shot differential and spend the 5th most time in the box per game in the league. Both goalies stats and recent history about wash out. I'll take the better team with Kane back.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Vapas; 02-19-16 at 01:08 PM.