hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

World Juniors -- Canada/US final!! let it begin!

Alright, Canada going for 6 straight tonight and it should be an exciting game to say the least. Of course Canada took the round robin matchup in a comeback victory when they were down 4-2 in the 3rd to win in the shootout. They gave up 2 short-handed goals in that game and it's good to see that they didn't put their heads down and quit.

Here are the lines for the game:
    Canada-166 OT included -246
    US+326 OT included +219
    Draw+451

Canada-1.5 +115
    US+1.5 -127

My thinking is that obviously Canada should be favoured and does have the better team. The US was the first strong opponent they played in the round robin and it was a wake up call. They easily dismantled Switzerland in the semis and I think are firing on all guns right now and will show the US how good they can really play. Unfortunately one of their top D-men Travis Hamonic was injured in the Swiss game and will be a substantial loss. Even with Travis out they are still a better team and will not be giving up any short-handed goals.

I think playing Canada-166 is the best line.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

just from posting this the lines have changed

Canada-150
    US+298

watertight
    watertight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10413

totally agree. Im seeing the line at -143 at pinnacle right now, looks like alot of money coming in on the americans. I will let the line drop some more, then lay it on canada/

SlapShot87
    SlapShot87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't wait till game time!!

Total is set at 6.5.

Im on CAN -1.5

waco66
    Canucks -1.5
    waco66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

the over was money!

great game we got going...wow...down 5-3 with 3 mins left...canada does it again. un-fudgin-real

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Canada played sloppy and ultimately deserved to lose I hate to say it. Americans had way better teamwork and their speed was too much for the slow-footed Canadian D.

Tomato
    Tomato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Usa! Usa! Usa!

SlapShot87

What a disgrace.....

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Kind of saw it coming so I'm not too disappointed. Canada deserved to lose their prelim game vs. the U.S. as well. The gold medal game came down to goaltending. Jake Allen for Canada looked incredibly shaky from the start and I fully blame the coach for not pulling Allen after the 3rd goal. All of the first few U.S. goals were simple wrist shots, high glove-side. Allen then mishandled a simple floater to give the U.S. their 5th goal.

I don't know much about Canada's coach but I really didn't like him. He simply looked nervous and didn't seem to command his players well.

USA +1.5 was a steal and I wish I had bet it!

SlapShot87

God damn goalie should have been canned for sure in the first period.

This isn't something Canadians compete for, it's something we own!!

Now hell is sure to freeze over and the world will end in 2012.

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

I was really upset that they didn't pull him in the first. A gold medal game is not the time where you keep a goalie in to help him regain confidence. That kind of shit happens in the prelims where the win isn't necessarily a must. If your goaltender is looking that shaky you get him the hell out of there before he hurts the team some more.

SlapShot87

Panek it really blows my mind thinking of that game.
    Did you see the penalties the Canadians were getting called for?
    Like the boarding call, what a joke....

Then there's the goalie who is glove-impaired and just flopped over for the US on many occasions.

They deserved the win and that hurts to admit.